AniDB search not working

Support for Windows users
pwnedbygary

AniDB search not working

Post by pwnedbygary »

When I type in a name for an anime I want to search episodes for, I get "Episodes not found" This also happens on my other computer which is running Linux Mint so I dont think its a Windows issue specific to my computer. It happens with all anime I try to search for, and TVDB works fine. Is there a connection issue between the program and AniDB?

rednoah
The Source

Re: Episode name search for AniDB not working

Post by rednoah »

Have you tried more than one Anime name? What Anime names have you tried? Please clear the cache and try again and see if that makes a difference.

EDIT: I tried "Akame ga Kill!" and I do get results.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
pwnedbygary

Re: AniDB search not working

Post by pwnedbygary »

Oddly enough, it started working on its own. What I did find was that if I used TVDB it worked for anime as well... Might be a bug or something here. I tried several shows, Akame Ga Kill, Re:Zero, and several others and none of them worked at the time. I guess we can chalk this up to a win considering its working now, its just weird that it wouldnt communicate with AniDB then it just worked randomly on both of my systems. Maybe the site was partially down at the time of posting? Who knows...
rednoah
The Source

Re: AniDB search not working

Post by rednoah »

The error indicates that AniDB API works, at least the server is running, but sends back xml data that doesn't contain any episode data, for example some sort of error message or downtime notice.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.