Win10: stopped working on command line / from uTorrent, won't create hardlink

Support for Windows users
Blaq

Win10: stopped working on command line / from uTorrent, won't create hardlink

Post by Blaq »

Hello,

(TL;DR The UI version works correctly; the command-line version crashes.)

I've been using FileBot for several months. I have uTorrent set to automatically call FB when a download completes, but must manually run FB if I want to process a file downloaded before I installed FB. So far, so good.

Last month, I updated from Windows 7 to 10. First: this week, I discovered that I can no longer run FB from the command line: anything, even just

Code: Select all

filebot
, displays a "filebot.exe has stopped working" window. The Event Viewer shows:

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          9/7/2016 9:30:53 AM
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      Charles-Dell
Description:
Faulting application name: filebot.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5758413e
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x02fea840
Faulting process id: 0x9a74
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2090c0ea6905c
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\FileBot\filebot.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: c167ce90-0fe5-4420-9956-78a15d01bd0d
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-09-07T13:30:53.799432200Z" />
    <EventRecordID>40092</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Charles-Dell</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>filebot.exe</Data>
    <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>5758413e</Data>
    <Data>unknown</Data>
    <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>00000000</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>02fea840</Data>
    <Data>9a74</Data>
    <Data>01d2090c0ea6905c</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files\FileBot\filebot.exe</Data>
    <Data>unknown</Data>
    <Data>c167ce90-0fe5-4420-9956-78a15d01bd0d</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>
Second: from uTorrent, I get partial functionality: I downloaded a Daily Show episode as a test and uTorrent ran:

[2016-09-07 09:37:29]  Executing: filebot -script fn:amc --output "//DLINK-019B49/Volume_1/Media" --action hardlink --conflict skip -non-strict --log-file amc.log --def unsorted=y music=y artwork=y "ut_label=TV show" "ut_state=20" "ut_title=The.Daily.Show.2016.09.06.Jeff.Ross.HDTV.x264-CROOKS[ettv]" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_file=Torrent-Downloaded-from-ExtraTorrent.cc.txt" "ut_dir=D:\Charles\Downloads\~Torrent (completed)\The.Daily.Show.2016.09.06.Jeff.Ross.HDTV.x264-CROOKS[ettv]"
  • The destination folder was created (\\DLINK-019B49\Volume_1\Media\TV SHOWS\The Daily Show\Season 21)
  • The file (D:\Charles\Downloads\~Torrent (completed)\The.Daily.Show.2016.09.06.Jeff.Ross.HDTV.x264-CROOKS[ettv]\the.daily.show.2016.09.06.jeff.ross.hdtv.x264-crooks[ettv].mkv) was not renamed
  • The hard link was never created
Third: The UI version of Filebot works fine. I copied that download elsewhere, dragged the copy to the FB window, and was able to successfully rename it to "D:\Charles\Downloads\The Daily Show - 21x147 - Jeff Ross.mkv".

Troubleshooting
  • I have reinstalled FB; no change.
  • I have installed the portable version and specifically ran that instance ("D:\Charles\Downloads\FileBot_4.7.2-portable\FileBot.exe -script fn:sysenv […]". No crash, but no result either—the file remains unrenamed. (I didn't install the MediaInfo and 7-Zip native libraries. Should I have?)
What do I do next? Thanks for your help.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Win10: stopped working on command line / from uTorrent, won't create hardlink

Post by rednoah »

What does the amc.log say?

Blaq wrote:The hard link was never created
So your input files are on your local drive, and the output folder is some remote SMB share? Please read up on what hardlinks are. What you're doing could not possibly work due to the physical nature of hardlinks.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Blaq

Re: Win10: stopped working on command line / from uTorrent, won't create hardlink

Post by Blaq »

*facepalm* Oh, right — I had changed the destination for completed downloads from a directory on my PC to a directory on my NAS. Because of the timing of the Windows 10 Anniversary update, I thought Win10 was the culprit.

So is there an action in Filebot that will allow me to move completed BitTorrent downloads to a network share without breaking the original torrent? Thanks.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

--action copy will make a copy which is what you seem to be asking for. ;)
Blaq

Post by Blaq »

I don't want a copy, actually; I want the actual media files to reside on the NAS. (If they reside on the PC, multiple copies will clog up the NAS since I keep multiple monthly sets of daily file backups. Also, files on the NAS are more easily shared.)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

--action move will move files, but then you won't be able to seed them. If you're using Windows, FileBot may not be able to move files if they're being used by another program (e.g. your torrent client for seeding).

Symbolic links may or may not work. Depends on your OS and your torrent client.
Blaq

Post by Blaq »

Let's leave the network-share question aside for now. Filebot seems to crash regardless what I do. Here's my command line:

filebot -script fn:amc --output "D:\Charles\Downloads\I dream of wires (test)" --action copy --conflict skip -non-strict --log-file amc.log --def unsorted=y music=y artwork=y plex="localhost" "ut_label=MOVIE" "ut_state=5" "ut_title=I dream of wires" "ut_kind=SINGLE" "ut_file=" "ut_dir=D:\Charles\Videos\MOVIES\I.Dream.Of.Wires.2013.Hardcore.Edition.720p.BluRay.x264-PublicHD"
I get the "filebot has stopped working" window. The amc.log file shows nothing related to my command. (The last item is a successful filebot run from uTorrent, a half-hour earlier.) Even the following debugging attempt crashes FB:

filebot -script fn:sysenv --output "D:\Charles\Downloads\I dream of wires (test)" --action copy --conflict skip -non-strict --log-file amc.log --def unsorted=y music=y artwork=y plex="localhost" "ut_label=MOVIE" "ut_state=5" "ut_title=I dream of wires" "ut_kind=SINGLE" "ut_file=" "ut_dir=D:\Charles\Videos\MOVIES\I.Dream.Of.Wires.2013.Hardcore.Edition.720p.BluRay.x264-PublicHD"
Thanks again for your help.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Logs? If there's no logs then filebot wasn't even started, or Java crashed on startup before any of the filebot code is executed. Suffice to say these commands don't crash when I run them.

What's the sysinfo output? If even the sysinfo script crashes on startup then you probably need to update everything (OS, Java, etc) and see if any of that fixes the problem.