[BUG?] Filebot fails to move .nfo files

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
Ramrunner

[BUG?] Filebot fails to move .nfo files

Post by Ramrunner »

Now, it's either since the latest upgrade to Filebot or Windows 10 Anniversary edition I'm absolutely not sure, but.

When I drag a folder with it's associated movie, jpg, nfo, nzb, sub, etc etc etc into filebot, it matches, then I hit "Rename"

It moves ALL files properly EXCEPT .nfo files. I get a "The action can't be completed because the file is open in Java(TM) Platform SE binary".

This used to work just fine, but now ANY folder with a .nfo in it brings that error.
rednoah
The Source

Re: [BUG?] Filebot fails to move .nfo files

Post by rednoah »

Please try the latest version from the Windows Store.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Ramrunner

Post by Ramrunner »

HHmm. The Windows store version has even more problems I'm afraid. I used it for one set of files yesterday (unfortunately none with nfo files so I still don't know whether it is better), but I try to launch it this morning and get:

"A Device attached to the system is not functioning", and filebot refuses to start.

I can't seem to attach a screen shot here, but I'll re-install the desktop version and live with the nfo file problem then I guess.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Windows Store error messages sure are abysmal.

AFAIK you got the 1-day trial version and that 1 day has passed so can't run it anymore.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Ramrunner

Post by Ramrunner »

That would make sense. "Your trial period has ended" sure would have been more helpful! This must be the first piece of software I've ever come across that only gives a 1 day trial. I didn't know I assumed the usual 14 or 30 days. Thanks for letting me know.

I'd actually be happy to pay as I use FileBot a lot but I have to make sure the Windows Store version handles .nfo file correctly and fixes my problem. Because I now cannot verify this I guess I'll stick with the desktop version.

Thanks for your help!