Windows Store Version & uTorrent busted on upgrade

Support for Windows users
berning

Windows Store Version & uTorrent busted on upgrade

Post by berning »

Hey all, I upgraded to the Windows Store version the other day (uninstalled old FB, did reg-clean, then installed new version) and uTorrent no longer triggers Filebot.

When tested at the command line, the 'filebot' command generates the following error:

Code: Select all

'filebot' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
But when I run it at an elevated command prompt it executes correctly and launches the program. Same results when trying to test with a full script at the command lines.

A solution would be greatly appreciated.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Windows Store Version & uTorrent busted on upgrade

Post by rednoah »

Restart your machine and try again.

The Windows Store app includes the command line tools, and the folder where the launchers are should always be in the PATH, so the filebot command should always just work.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
berning

Post by berning »

Did a restart (pretty sure I had before as well, but did it just not for good measure) and the exact same thing happens.

Anything else I can check for?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You can check if the user %PATH% is somehow messed up.
berning

Post by berning »

Hrm, not sure what you mean. My user path is as it always has been. Only one user on the system, it is a local account running as Administrator.

I can't find the filebot app anywhere in Program Files or Program Files (x86) and when I drag the shortcut off the start menu and check what the target is I get a big string of nonsense that is greyed out so I can't fully copy it, but it starts:

PointPlanck.FileBot_49ex9gnthnt12!net.filebot.File....
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Use Google to learn about all the folder locations the Windows Store uses.

If memory serves, there should be a folder called WindowsApps in the %PATH% which contains all the command-line executables that have been installed via the Store.
berning

Post by berning »

I have researched and found the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder you speak of and have taken ownership of it with the user account so I can view it etc. No change.

I used the where command while in an elevated command prompt to find the full path to filebot and it is:
C:\Users\Berning\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\filebot.exe
This folder contains filebot.exe and filebotlauncher.exe as well as a 'PointPlanck.FileBot_49ex9gnthnt12' folder which in turn also contains filebot.exe and filebot.launcher.exe

All of these files and folders have full permissions for Admins and my account specifically.

When I paste the full path quoted above into a standard command line it executes filebot, but the plain filebot command still doesn't work from this non-elevated command line. So is there something I can do here, or should I just modify the script in uTorrent with the full path command?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If you call "filebot" then Windows will search for any filebot.exe in the %PATH% so somehow the WindowsApps is effectively not in the %PATH% for some reason.

What does echo %PATH% say as your normal user? What does it say as admin? Is there any notable difference?
berning

Post by berning »

echo %PATH% as standard command prompt gives:

C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;
and as elevated command prompt gives:

C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\Users\Berning\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps
Is that what you are after? That help?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

This does not work?

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps
This does work?

C:\Users\Berning\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps

Modify the %PATH% and add the location that works. Another difference would be the trailing ; which may or may not be an issue.
berning

Post by berning »

echo %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps
and

echo C:\Users\Berning\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps
both return

C:\Users\Berning\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps
when run from a standard command prompt.

I have currently modified my uTorrent to run:

C:\Users\Berning\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\filebot.exe  -script fn:amc --output "X:/Videos" --log-file "X:/Videos/filebot.log" --action move --conflict override -non-strict --def plex=localhost --def music=n --def subtitles=en --def clean=y --def excludeList=amc-input.txt artwork=n "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" "ut_title=%N" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_file=%F" "ut_dir=%D"
And will do a test download to see if it works.
berning

Post by berning »

Everything is working now with the full path entered. Don't know why it doesn't work the normal way, but glad it is working. Thanks for the help.