How to fetch artwork?

Any questions? Need some help?
n4ken

How to fetch artwork?

Post by n4ken »

Hi been using filebot in a very basic way for a while and have donated and very happy with the support that has been given.
However I am now feel adventurous and want to go further.
This is the rename preset I have made which works as I want it to. I also have utorrent doing it's thing.

== TV ReName preset ====
C:/Users/Ken/Desktop/Test Files/{n}/Season {s.pad(2)}/s{s.pad(2)}e{e.pad(2)} {t}

gives this result \series name\season 0?\s0?e0? episode title.ext

However I now feel adventurous and want to go further and download artwork and this is where I have come to a complete stop.
I have looked , PROMISE, but cannot see a very basic example from which I can build on.

The how to's do not go from the very beginning steps all assuming some knowledge and experience which I clearly do not have.
I'm not asking someone to write the script or preset for me, after all thats part of the fun and frustration. Just a starting point.

I'm sure you must be groaning that another newbie can't be bothered to help themselves but that isn't the case.

Can you give me a push to the info or very basic example's I need to start from.

Thanks in advance.

==== sysinfo =====================================================================================

Code: Select all

FileBot 4.7.5 (r4600)
JNA Native: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.sun.jna.Native
MediaInfo: net.filebot.mediainfo.MediaInfoException: Unable to load x86 (32-bit) native library MediaInfo.dll: Could not initialize class com.sun.jna.Native
Apache Commons VFS: [zip, rar]
Chromaprint: 1.1.0
Extended Attributes: DISABLED
Script Bundle: 2016-12-17 (r466)
Groovy: 2.4.7
JRE: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_111
JVM: 32-bit Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
CPU/MEM: 4 Core / 247 MB Max Memory / 23 MB Used Memory
Package: MSI
Data: C:\Users\Ken\AppData\Roaming\FileBot
rednoah
The Source

Re: Help for newbie... Where to start examples

Post by rednoah »

The GUI doesn't do artwork. If you're looking for command-line tools / scripts that can fetch artwork, then you will find them here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5

Series Artwork:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5#p204

Movie Artwork:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5#p205
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
n4ken

Re: How to fetch artwork?

Post by n4ken »

Hi again....

Thanks again for your very prompt response to my rather embarrasing plea for help.

I can see that everything I needed to know was there for everyone to see. But it was quite daunting to dip into the mass of information that is there. Especially as I was starting for a very important misconception :shock:

I had assumed that you could add a scipt into the custom preset and include the functionality of downloading artwork etc etc etc...

Now that I firmly understand that most basic of priniciples I can make sense of some of it. It'll be quite some time before I am able to start customising scripts to my requirements but I can now approach the subject form the correct approach ie self contained applets that run with input from the calling program, utorrent, and not from the gui which is where I was going soooo wronge.

I've spent time playing about with some of the examples and have found a new way of losing a whole morning with nothing to show for it :mrgreen:

Thanks again and keep up the great work. Can't wait to see what you may add in the future.

Merry Christmas to you all :D