Fetch Data doesn't find relevant title information (for extras)?

Support for Windows users
rogergraham

Fetch Data doesn't find relevant title information (for extras)?

Post by rogergraham »

I'm on Windows 10, using FileBot purchased from the App Store. I'm just starting out with ripping my movies with MakeMKV and using FileBot, so apologies if I'm overlooking something obvious. I've searched the FAQs and some recent posts here, and can't find anything relevant.

I've tried using FileBot for the first three movies I've ripped, which have the main movie plus several "special extras". However, when I load the relevant folder into FileBot and fetch data from TheMovieDB or OMDb (in the Movie Mode section), all it does is remove the spaces and change the "_txx" to ".CD(xx+1)" (for example), rather than finding the correct name of each extra.

Am I (a) doing something wrong, or (b) does FileBot not work for extras, or (c) does it just so happen that I've chosen three movies that don't have sensible data in the relevant databases, or (d) other? I don't want to get too far down this path if I'm doing something wrong in the ripping process.

Attached is what it looks like for The Machinist. I've also tried Apocalypse Now Redux and Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence, with similar results.

The image doesn't seem to show properly in the Preview, so just in case, its at http://imgur.com/a/X1Qu3.

Groovy Pad output:

FileBot 4.7.8 (r4842)
JNA Native: 5.1.0
MediaInfo: 0.7.92.1
7-Zip-JBinding: 9.20
Chromaprint: 1.4.2
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2017-03-20 (r484)
Groovy: 2.4.8
JRE: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_121
JVM: 64-bit Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 8 Core / 7 GB Max Memory / 189 MB Used Memory
Package: APPX
Data: C:\Users\roger\AppData\Roaming\FileBot
rednoah
The Source

Re: Fetch Data doesn't find relevant title information (for extras)?

Post by rednoah »

The data you want is generally not available. FileBot will expect each movie to be a single file, or a disk folder.

If you're ripping a disk, you'll want to have one file per movie. FileBot will not be able to process movie specials, since the information you'd need for that doesn't exist and can't be determined from the file.

If you want all the extras and menus, then FileBot would expect your files have a standard disk folder structure (e.g. Avatar/VIDEO_TS/**):
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Inside_DV ... _Structure

In this case, FileBot would treat the disk folder as single unit and not touch any individual files inside the disk folder structure.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
rogergraham

Re: Fetch Data doesn't find relevant title information (for extras)?

Post by rogergraham »

Thanks for the quick reply!