Move only genre

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
pjburnhill

Move only genre

Post by pjburnhill »

Hi,

I'm sure there is a simple answer to this, but how do I use -rename and --action=move to only move movies containing certain genre (i.e. Horror), leaving all others untouched?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Move only genre

Post by rednoah »

Assuming that you have already processed all your files previously with FileBot, then you can do --db xattr --filter "genres =~ /Horror/" to process only xattr tagged files where genres contains Horror.

@see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4788
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
pjburnhill

Post by pjburnhill »

rednoah wrote: 10 Nov 2017, 02:10 you can do --db xattr --filter "genres =~ /Horror/" to process only xattr tagged files where genres contains Horror.
Unfortunately I'm working on fuse on linux and have disabled xattr with filebot, so none of the files have xattr info.. Any other way?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The genre is only known once FileBot has identified the file, so you at that point might as well process all files because all the work has been done already. Make sure to enable xattr this time around, so all the metadata is stored for next time you might need it.
pjburnhill

Post by pjburnhill »

rednoah wrote: 10 Nov 2017, 11:28 The genre is only known once FileBot has identified the file, so you at that point might as well process all files because all the work has been done already. Make sure to enable xattr this time around, so all the metadata is stored for next time you might need it.
I had issues with xattr on ubuntu and google-drive-ocamlfuse, I don't think xattr works with a fuse mount?

Is there any way to process everything, but do nothing to files that doesn't have genre Horror?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

No, that's not possible.

:idea: Unless you somehow have "Horror" somewhere in the file path so you can select/unselect files that way (since xattr metadata is not an option).