503 Error with TheTVDB [Solved]

Support for Windows users
linesma

503 Error with TheTVDB [Solved]

Post by linesma »

Every time I try to match a file using the TVDB, I get the following error: 503 for url:https://api.thetvdb.com/login. I have tried to do some fixes on my own, but I am at a loss.

What i did.
I went to

Code: Select all

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Packages\PointPlanck.FileBot_*\LocalCache\Roaming\FileBot
to find the error log. This is what it said:

May 30, 2018 4:01:48 PM net.filebot.CachedResource lambda$get$1
SEVERE: Fetch failed: https://api.thetvdb.com/search/series?name=Archer+%282009%29
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to retrieve authorization token: Server returned HTTP response code: 503 for URL: https://api.thetvdb.com/login
	at net.filebot.web.TheTVDBClient.getAuthorizationToken(TheTVDBClient.java:117)
	at net.filebot.web.TheTVDBClient.getRequestHeader(TheTVDBClient.java:82)
	at net.filebot.web.TheTVDBClient.lambda$requestJson$0(TheTVDBClient.java:67)
	at net.filebot.CachedResource.lambda$fetchIfModified$9(CachedResource.java:215)
	at net.filebot.CachedResource.lambda$get$0(CachedResource.java:87)
	at net.filebot.CachedResource.retry(CachedResource.java:121)
	at net.filebot.CachedResource.lambda$get$1(CachedResource.java:87)
	at net.filebot.Cache.computeIf(Cache.java:90)
	at net.filebot.CachedResource.get(CachedResource.java:82)
	at net.filebot.web.TheTVDBClient.requestJson(TheTVDBClient.java:67)
	at net.filebot.web.TheTVDBClient.search(TheTVDBClient.java:125)
	at net.filebot.web.TheTVDBClient.fetchSearchResult(TheTVDBClient.java:144)
	at net.filebot.WebServices$TheTVDBClientWithLocalSearch.access$101(WebServices.java:166)
	at net.filebot.WebServices$TheTVDBClientWithLocalSearch.lambda$fetchSearchResult$4(WebServices.java:186)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 503 for URL: https://api.thetvdb.com/login
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at net.filebot.web.WebRequest.post(WebRequest.java:207)
	at net.filebot.web.TheTVDBClient.postJson(TheTVDBClient.java:61)
	at net.filebot.web.TheTVDBClient.getAuthorizationToken(TheTVDBClient.java:113)
	... 13 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 503 for URL: https://api.thetvdb.com/login
	at net.filebot.web.WebRequest.post(WebRequest.java:204)
	... 15 more
Since it seemed to be Java related. I decide to do a fresh re-install of Java. I first removed Java from my system and made sure that all related entries were removed from my registry. I then downloaded and installed the latest version from the Adobe website. Restarted my machine. This did not fix the issue.

I uninstalled filebot and re-installed it. This also did not fix the issue.

Filebot information from its internal "sysinfo" script:
FileBot 4.8.1 (r5375)
JNA Native: 5.2.0
MediaInfo: 18.03
7-Zip-JBinding: 9.20
Chromaprint: 1.4.2
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2018-03-16 (r516)
Groovy: 2.4.13
JRE: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 10
JVM: 64-bit Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 8 Core / 7 GB Max Memory / 53 MB Used Memory
Package: APPX

I am at a loss on how to fix this. Any ideas?

Thank you for your time.
Last edited by linesma on 30 May 2018, 12:38, edited 1 time in total.
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. - Friedrich Nietzsche
FreddieP786

Re: 503 Error with TheTVDB

Post by FreddieP786 »

I am also getting the same error message when I try to rename any files on the thetvdb option.

It could be a login error. It looks like the database is looking for login details. I've seen similar issues on the comicrack software before and it was resolved by adding an API key to the software.
linesma

Post by linesma »

FreddieP786 wrote: 30 May 2018, 09:58 I am also getting the same error message when I try to rename any files on the thetvdb option.

It could be a login error. It looks like the database is looking for login details. I've seen similar issues on the comicrack software before and it was resolved by adding an API key to the software.
That is what I thought as well. I hope the information I gave helps the developer and we get a fix soon. I have only been able to use the program once since I bought it almost 2 weeks ago.
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. - Friedrich Nietzsche
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

TheTVDB wrote:Hi Everybody:

After many years of continuous service, we have taken our website off-line for a while, to perform some much needed maintenance and improvements, and to expand our database and related services.

We will be back on-line soon.

Please note that our domain name is not for sale.

Thank you for stopping by!

Good Day!
The Staff at tvdb.com
TheTVDB is currently down for maintenance. Hopefully it'll just work again soon. Please use another database for the time being.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
linesma

Post by linesma »

rednoah wrote: 30 May 2018, 11:18

After many years of continuous service, we have taken our website off-line for a while, to perform some much needed maintenance and improvements, and to expand our database and related services.

Good Day!
The Staff at tvdb.com
TheTVDB is currently down for maintenance. Hopefully it'll just work again soon. Please use another database for the time being.
Thank you for the response. It is back up and running again. I will do more research in the future before I post a problem.
underrepresented

Re: 503 Error with TheTVDB [Solved]

Post by underrepresented »

check your firewall logs.

I had the same issue running a script through transmission. The firewall's notification system (on my machine) didn't notify me of the block. Once I made a rule to allow filebot via the shell via transmission I no longer had those issues.

rule Transmission via filebot

Allow outgoing connections via FileBot_4.7.9.jar to port 443 (https) of api.themoviedb.org

also...

Allow outgoing connections via FileBot_4.7.9.jar to www.filebot.net.cdn.cloudflare.net
ozbeemerman

Post by ozbeemerman »

rednoah wrote: 30 May 2018, 11:18

Good Day!
The Staff at tvdb.com
How do I tell qbittorrent to use another database? I have been using the following quite successfully until TVDB decided to go off:

"C:/Program Files/FileBot/filebot.launcher.exe" -script fn:amc --output "D:/MEDIA" --log-file C:/Users/MEDIA/Documents/torrent.log --action copy --conflict auto -non-strict --def music=y subtitles=en artwork=y "ut_label=%L" "ut_title=%N" "ut_dir=%F"
rednoah
The Source

Re: 503 Error with TheTVDB [Solved]

Post by rednoah »

FileBot allows you to use different database. However, the amc script does not. You'd have to create your own amc script fork and modify the code to use a different database for TV Shows.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.