uTorrent help with proper script

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
RXDI

uTorrent help with proper script

Post by RXDI »

It's my first post, and it's a big one :o

I have been renaming and moving files manually for 10yrs and I think its time to automate this stuff.

It takes a lot for me to ask for help, but here I am. I just can't seem to get this running the way I want.
At this point my script is way out of wack and I'm tired of messing with it and need some help to get back on track. So here goes....

CURRENT PROCESS (no script)

:!: TV Shows are auto downloaded via RSS Feed using uTorrent to the "D:\DL" folder then auto moved by uTorrent over the network to my DAS @ "\\xxxx\D\1New Stuff" when finished. I then manually rename everything and delete unneeded files.

:!: Movies are downloaded manually by me using uTorrent to "D:\DL" folder then auto moved by uTorrent over the network to my DAS @ "\\xxxx\D\1New Stuff" when finished. I then manually rename everything and delete unneeded files.

CURRENT STATE OF NON WORKING SCRIPT ADDED TO uTORRENT

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:amc --output "//xxxx/D/1New Stuff/" --action move --conflict skip -non-strict --log-file "d:/dl/amc-run.log" --def unsorted=n artwork=n --def movieFormat="//xxxx/D/1New Stuff/{ny}/{fn}" seriesFormat="//xxxx/D/1New Stuff/{n}/{fn}" "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" "ut_title=%N" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_file=%F" "ut_dir=%D"
It seems to be moving the non renamed folder to my DAS and then creating a another new folder on the DAS thats not renamed called d\1New Stuff\"Video Name".

SCRIPT GOAL

:?: I would like to make the downloaded TV Shows end up in a proper folder like "Westworld S01-E01" with the file name to match and to end up at "\\xxxx\D\1New Stuff". I would like all files accept the video to be deleted from that shows folder.

:?: I would like to make the downloaded Movies end up in a proper folder like "Tomb Raider (2018)" with the file name to match and to download a matching Subtitle file and then to end up at "\\xxxx\D\1New Stuff". I would like all files accept the video and subtitle to be deleted from that movies folder.

QUESTIONS
  • How do I fix my script to achieve the goals?
  • Does the script rename the folders/files before or after they get moved over the network?

Filebot Version

uTorrent

Log File

!Notes!
I am not using PLEX [Air Video HD]
I just purchased (Win10 Store) and used Filebot for the first time last week.
rednoah
The Source

Re: uTorrent help with proper script

Post by rednoah »

Sounds like you want the default output formats. Let's avoid unnecessary customization and start with something simple:

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:amc --output "//xxxx/D/1New Stuff/" --action copy --conflict skip -non-strict --log-file "D:/DL/amc.log" --def "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" "ut_title=%N" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_file=%F" "ut_dir=%D"

:!: Note that your utorrent output folder is the same as your filebot output folder. Pick one. I'd untick the "move completed downloads" option in utorrent because seeding form a network drive is probably a really bad idea.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
RXDI

Re: uTorrent help with proper script

Post by RXDI »

Thank you RED!!

That works perfect and will get me started in the right direction. I will try now to slowly add some arguments to the script to tweak it a bit.

I was obviously overthinking it ;)