Certain episodes of the TV Show Legion match as movies

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
Link1

Certain episodes of the TV Show Legion match as movies

Post by Link1 »

I recently tried to sort Season 2 of the TV Show Legion and found that episode 2 and episode 5 would not match correctly as a TV Show but rather a movie with the same name.

I'm using the python script with qBittorent but have tried using the script in CMD with the same result. The ut_label is specified to Series but episode 2 and 5 are still formated as a Movie. All other episodes work correctly.

Here is the amc.log:
https://pastebin.com/0wRaSVn3

You'll see that at the beginning is episode 7-11 that work as they should. Then there is episode 2 and 5 at the end, using the exact same cmd command, sorted as a movie for some reason.

Every episode is named exactly the same except the episode number differentiating them.

Command used

Code: Select all

python "C:/Users/Elias/Downloads/utorrent-postprocess.pyw" "Series" "" "Legion.S02E02.1080p.WEB.H264-DEFLATE" "multi" "" "F:/Legion.S02E02.1080p.WEB.H264-DEFLATE[rarbg]"
All I do is change the episode number in the name and path. Seems like if one episode works then all should so I'm not sure what the problem is.
kim
Power User

Re: Certain episodes of the TV Show Legion match as movies

Post by kim »

Code: Select all

xattr: [Legion.S02E05.1080p.WEB.H264-DEFLATE.mkv] => [Legion (1998)]
I think you must remove the meta data from files before it will work

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5299&p=31647&hilit ... ear#p31644
rednoah
The Source

Re: Certain episodes of the TV Show Legion match as movies

Post by rednoah »

Legion.S02E05.mkv would never be identified or processed as movie since it has a clear S01E01 pattern in the file name. Your log does not show the how this file originally came to be, or what the original file name was when it was first processed and tagged as movie. That part of the log would have been very interesting.

Indeed, previously written xattr will override your preferences. If a series has been erroneously identified as movie, then you either need to revert it using filebot -revert which reverts files to their original location and name and clears xattr.

Alternatively, you can clear xattr with the xattr script:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5#p5394

You can use filebot -rename --db TheTVDB <options> to process previously misidentified files, as simple -rename calls give you more control. The --q and --filter. Please read FAQ #2 for details.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.