Script Creating Hardlinks on Remote Server

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
SoonerLater

Script Creating Hardlinks on Remote Server

Post by SoonerLater »

@Rednoah

I only ask this after spending an hour trying to find the answer on the forums (which I'm sure is there somewhere, but I can't find it).

Goal: have a script / batch (AMC?) run over a source directory on a cloud server (e.g. ~/private/deluge/data/movies) and create hardlinks for all of the files newer than [variable date/time] that the script / batch finds, with the hardlinks to be saved in another directory on the same cloud server (~/private/plex/plexmedia/movies).

Problem: some of the content in the source directory will be individual files at the top level (e.g. ~/private/deluge/data/movies/star.wars.1977.randomtext.mkv), but some will be in subdirectories (e.g. ~/private/deluge/data/movies/raiders.of.the.lost.ark.1981.randomtext/raiders.of.the.lost.ark.1981.randomtext.mkv).

I can only access the remote server via an FTP client and terminal. I have not installed Filebot on the remote server, but I assume that's possible. I don't need this script to be called by a torrent client or run at intervals (Chron), but that ability would be a plus. I'd be happy to just be able to use terminal to login to the server and run the script / batch.

Thank you for your patience. Feel free to tell me to go read the example which already exists (but I can't find).
rednoah
The Source

Re: Script Creating Hardlinks on Remote Server

Post by rednoah »

I'd start by installing filebot on the remote server, and playing with the amc script. That's because you can't create hard links remotely via FTP. ;)

:arrow: The first step is to install FileBot on your remote server.

:?: Goal: Do you want your files to be processed FileBot-style? Or just create hardlinks, and nothing else, such as movie/episode detection/renaming?

Here's a list of links. Please read them. Then play with things. And let me know how you fare or if you still have questions.

:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=215
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4222
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4788
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.