Is there a way to handle split episodes?

Support for Windows users
DevXen
Power User

Is there a way to handle split episodes?

Post by DevXen »

Some TV shows air 2 episodes combined into one. SpongeBob, world of gumball, etc. Sometimes you get the episodes combined and sometimes they are seperated. But when on my hdd it's seperated and the online source has them combined. Is there a way to detect and account for that? - when the online source such as TheTVDB has the episode combined. It'll usually list both titles that are in that episode.

If my files are split. Is there a way for filebot to detect that. And use each episode. Maybe put a part 1/part 2?

Right now as they both have the same episode number. Usually like S01E12 and S01E12.5 it just wants to name them both as episode 12. And has a conflict for having the same filename.

Thanks,
-Dev
rednoah
The Source

Re: Is there a way to handle split episodes?

Post by rednoah »

Maybe. Maybe not. Can you provide sample file paths so I can investigate?

Presumably, files will get matched to the same episode object. There is no sub-episode numbering, but since the episode id will be the same, you could use {di} duplicate index or {model} to count duplicate episode numbers via the format.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
DevXen
Power User

Post by DevXen »

Yeah I have an exmaple, Though this isn't the two episodes in one I have a few. just need to remember what ones. haha:

Rick Moranis in Gravedale High\Gravedale High Episode 1 Long Day's Gurney Into Night Part 2.mp4
Rick Moranis in Gravedale High\Gravedale High Episode 1 Long Day's Gurney Into Night Part 3.mp4
Rick Moranis in Gravedale High\Gravedale High Episode 2 Do the Rad Thing 2.mp4
Rick Moranis in Gravedale High\Gravedale High Episode 2 Do the Rad Thing 3.mp4
Rick Moranis in Gravedale High\Gravedale High Episode 3 Cleo's Pen Pal Part 2.mp4
Rick Moranis in Gravedale High\Gravedale High Episode 3 Cleo's Pen Pal Part 3.mp4
Rick Moranis in Gravedale High\Gravedale High Episode 4 Monster Gumbo Part 2.mp4
Rick Moranis in Gravedale High\Gravedale High Episode 4 Monster Gumbo Part 3.mp4
Rick Moranis in Gravedale High\Gravedale High Episode 5 Dress-Up Mess-Up Part 2.mp4
Rick Moranis in Gravedale High\Gravedale High Episode 5 Dress-Up Mess-Up Part 3.mp4
Rick Moranis in Gravedale High\Gravedale High Episode 6 The Grave Intruder Part 2.mp4
Rick Moranis in Gravedale High\Gravedale High Episode 6 The Grave Intruder Part 3.mp4
Rick Moranis in Gravedale High\Gravedale High Episode 8 He Ain't Scary, He's My Brother Part 2.mp4
Rick Moranis in Gravedale High\Gravedale High Episode 8 He Ain't Scary, He's My Brother Part 3.mp4
Rick Moranis in Gravedale High\Gravedale High Episode 9 Frankenjockey Part 2.mp4
Rick Moranis in Gravedale High\Gravedale High Episode 9 Frankenjockey Part 3.mp4

and The TheTVDB Link for it:
https://www.thetvdb.com/series/gravedale-high/seasons/1
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Oh, you're definitely screwed for those. That matching even remotely work for those? :shock:

Complex Story: The FileBot matching algorithm doesn't actually support more than 1 match per 1 episode, however, by grouping and separating all 1x01, S01E01, etc episodes in a preprocessing step, that limitation is largely masked, except not in your particular use case since both "Episode 1" are processed in the same group, which means it can't work for both. Oddly enough, doesn't even work for either, since Part 2 / Part 3 is matched to Episode 2 / Episode 3. :(

For the sake of the original question, let's assume file paths that work, such as these:

Code: Select all

Gravedale High - S01E01 - A
Gravedale High - S01E01 - B
Gravedale High - S01E01 - C
In this case, you could use the {dc} duplicate count and {di} duplicate index bindings to add Part 1/2/3 to the end of the filename like so:

Code: Select all

{dc > 1 ? ", Part $di" : null}
:!: Note that if you have subtitle files (i.e. video and non-video files matching the same episode object) then this won't work, and may very well require intricate workarounds depending on the exact circumstances.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.