v.4.7.7 - Music Bugs

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
whereswaller

v.4.7.7 - Music Bugs

Post by whereswaller »

Hi rednoah,
Just wanted to report three bugs I've encountered in Filebot version 4.7.7 when processing music:

1. When searching for music matches via AcoustID, album title and year are not pulled and therefore aren't populated in new music filenames.

2. The first letter following an apostrophe is capitalised by upperInitial in new music filenames.

3. New music bindings cannot be loaded in the Edit Format prompt.

I appreciate this is not the latest version but I wanted to make you aware nonetheless in case they hadn't been raised previously.

Cheers.
rednoah
The Source

Re: v.4.7.7 - Music Bugs

Post by rednoah »

Do you have specific examples of music that doesn't work as expected? Can you PM me a GDrive link maybe?

:idea: AcoustID can be tricky, as there's usually lots of matches per music file (different releases, albums, etc) so not all information is always available. Best to first manually tag things properly first with MusicBrainz Picard and then process with FileBot using ID3 Tags so things work in a predictable manner.

Can you give a specific example where the first letter shouldn't be capitalized? Like o'clock maybe? Not sure how to correctly capitalize this one actually.

If you click Edit Format you get to work with sample data, but if you first load & match files, and then double-click on the New Names item, then you'll get to test on real live data.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
whereswaller

Post by whereswaller »

Hi rednoah,
In direct response:

1. I take your point however unfortunately AMC doesn't give optionality to use ID3 tags (forces use of AcoustID) and therefore this will increase the amount of manual work for the user.

2. The best example I can give you is for abbreviated artist/album/song names, eg. the apostrophe in "Can't Stop".

3. Isn't the path usually "Edit Format" > "Change Sample" > "Select Media File" > "Use Bindings"? I'm not familiar with "New Names" and I can't see it in v4.7.7.

Please find below information as requested:

My Music Regex (relevant to Item 1 and 2):

Code: Select all

J:/Music (Unsorted - Stage 1)/{n.upperInitial()}/{'('+y+') '}{album.upperInitial()}/{n.upperInitial()} - {t.upperInitial()}
Screenshot A - Match Via ID3 Tags (relevant to Item 1 and 2):
https://pasteboard.co/HVaJy7t.png

Screenshots B - Match Via AcoustID (relevant to Item 1 and 2):
https://pasteboard.co/HVaKfpb.png

Screenshot C - Loading Bindings (relevant to Item 3):
https://pasteboard.co/HVaLmxJG.png

Cheers
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

AFAIK, the amc script forces ID3 tags and does not even allow AcoustID since AcoustID isn't well suited for unattended automation due to problems discussed above:
https://github.com/filebot/scripts/blob ... roovy#L480

:idea: In the distant past, AcoustID was indeed the default, but I have no idea exactly when that changed. It's been quite a while I think.

Looks like this may have been fixed already.

Here's my test case:

{"Can't Stop".upperInitial()}
Here's the result:

Can't Stop
Looks good to me.

Just double-click on any list item in the right-hand side of the Rename panel. The side labelled New Names. It's an alternative to opening the format editor which is more suitable for testing with live data.

:idea: This feature has been around for a while too, but not sure when it was added.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
whereswaller

Post by whereswaller »

Thanks so much for the prompt responses, rednoah. Your response to Item 3 is a handy workaround. Noted on all other points.

Cheers.