FileBot Not Extracting After Download

Support for Ubuntu and other Desktop Linux distributions
RLD831

FileBot Not Extracting After Download

Post by RLD831 »

I am using Linux Mint with qBittorrent and trying to get FileBot to run the amc script on download completion. I have this script set to run on completion

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:amc --output "/mnt/Torrents/Media" --log-file amc.log --action move --conflict override -non-strict --def music=y subtitles=en artwork=y "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" "ut_title=%N" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_file=%F" "ut_dir=%D" --def plex=localhost:********** --def pushover=**********
It is basically the same script I was running in uTorrent on Windows for years, just with changes to the directories. I have tried executing other random scripts on download completion to make sure qBittorrent is running them and they ran successfully. It doesn't even start extracting the files with that script in place.

If I just run the script in a directory with a recent download, but between "filebot" and "-script fn:amc" I type the name of the .rar file, it seems to work fine. I was thinking I could add a "%N".rar in that place, but usually the torrent name has capital letters and the actual filename does not, so in Linux Mint that solution won't work. In the past I've never had to do any of that. I figured that FileBot is automatically run on whatever file was just downloaded.

Here is the output from filebot -script fn:sysinfo

FileBot 4.8.5 (r6224)
JNA Native: 5.2.2
MediaInfo: 18.12
7-Zip-JBinding: 9.20
Chromaprint: fpcalc version 1.4.2
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
GVFS: PlatformGVFS [/run/user/1000/gvfs]
Script Bundle: 2019-05-15 (r565)
Groovy: 2.5.6
JRE: OpenJDK Runtime Environment 11.0.3
JVM: 64-bit OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 4 Core / 3 GB Max Memory / 19 MB Used Memory
HW: Linux OP-7010 4.15.0-54-generic #58-Ubuntu SMP Mon Jun 24 10:55:24 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
DATA: /home/rob/.filebot
Package: DEB
License: FileBot License ******** (Valid-Until: 2020-07-13)
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
I omitted the license number in case that's something that shouldn't be publicly available. I can add it back in, or PM it to a moderator for proof if needed.
rednoah
The Source

Re: FileBot Not Extracting After Download

Post by rednoah »

Reading the qBT instructions, this part is indeed seems significantly different from the uT template:

"ut_dir=%F" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_title=%N" "ut_label=%L"
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=215#p9774

:idea: The amc.log will likely tell you exactly what's wrong. ;)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
RLD831

Post by RLD831 »

Thank you for the fast response. When looking at the instructions for qBittorrent, I was comparing the ut portion of each argument instead of the %character. Right now I'm testing it with the entire script in qBittorent instead of pointing it to a file containing the script until I get it working, so the %characters probably don't matter as much. I will fix those though.

There is no log file being produced. That was the first thing I looked for. I'm just getting back into using a Linux distro, so I'm going to have to read a little more about how to create the debug script you mentioned. I know that qBittorrent is definitely trying to run it on completion, because it works when I tell it to open other software or run a command. Once I figure out the debug script, I'll post back with why it doesn't appear to be working.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Note that %variables are qBT substitution patterns, meaning different commands will be executed for different completed downloads.

If you just point qBT to a script file, then qBT will replace nothing, and just execute that command / script, and if that script then contains %something that something is not resolved in any way by the bash interpreter.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.