Purchased key - CLI setup still fails

Support for Ubuntu and other Desktop Linux distributions
derekcentrico

Purchased key - CLI setup still fails

Post by derekcentrico »

I purchased a key in January. I installed the license per the requirements for my automation user on Ubuntu 18.04. I did it numerous times. However, I get the following error always:
Auto-detect movie from context: [/media/Videos/Downloads/Movies...................................................................$

\ . .
\ / `. .' "
\ .---. < > < > .---.
\ | \ \ - ~ ~ - / / |
_____ ..-~ ~-..-~
| | \~~~\.' `./~~~/
--------- \__/ \__/
.' O \ / / \ "
(_____, `._.' | } \/~~~/
`----. / } | / \__/
`-. | / | / `. ,~~|
~-.__| /_ - ~ ^| /- _ `..-'
| / | / ~-. `-. _ _ _
|_____| |_____| ~ - . _ _ _ _ _>
Bad License (>_<)
But it says that license PSM, received via email when purchased, installed fine.
FileBot License P6864728 (Valid-Until: 2020-02-06) has been activated successfully.
Anyone else having such issues?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Purchased key - CLI setup still fails

Post by rednoah »

The log snippet you posted is incomplete. There should a more specific License Error message:

Code: Select all

License Error: ...
Are you perhaps redirecting standard output, but not error output?
viewtopic.php?t=3067

How are you installing the license for your automation user? What does the console output say when you are successfully installing the license for your automation user?

Code: Select all

filebot --license *.psm

This error means that you haven't installed your license yet. If you think you have, then you're missing something, because FileBot doesn't remember.

Most likely reasons:
* You have manually installed the license as User A, but then you're running as User B, who as a completely different user with different $HOME directory, is completely separate from User A.
* You are using a non-persistent $HOME directory, meaning that FileBot is running for the first time, each and every time, because all memory is wiped between runs.
* ... (anything that makes the application data directory not be persistent)

:idea: You're using the SNAP package. I recommend using the DEB package instead, just to make sure you're not tripping on SNAP confinement.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
derekcentrico

Post by derekcentrico »

So, I am struggling here. The key is installed under both users. The script worked ages ago and broke at some point probably when it went to snap. Went back to Deb but no luck.

I have no clue how to handle the no persistent home point. They key data is in both /home/user/ paths.

I executed the script from terminal and it doesn't work either now. I added the license command it shows it is registered but immediately the next command in the bash script fails for being unregistered.

Advice for this newb is appreciated...
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Uninstall all versions of FileBot you may have installed, and then only install the latest release. You could try the beta, which might give you more logging messages for license related debugging.

Please run filebot -script fn:sysinfo and post the output.

If license install works, and then immediately fails, that effectively means that the license.txt file in the ~/.filebot folder was deleted between these runs.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.