Movie Collection Labeling

Any questions? Need some help?
MrSpookie

Movie Collection Labeling

Post by MrSpookie »

First of all I just want to say thanks for an amazing product! I am one who likes to have everything very organised for my Media Center and FileBot has saved me hundreds of hours already!

I am having a small issue with labeling my Movies how I want to. What I am trying to do is have the Collection Name (minus Collection) followed by the Movie Title and Year. The issue comes in when I am trying to neaten things up a bit for the few movies that already include the Collection Name in the Movie Name; For Example, Die Hard.

Here is what I have at the moment:

Code: Select all

C:/Movies/{vf}/{"$collection - ".replaceAll('Collection')}{n.replaceAll(':', replacement = " - ")} [{y}]
For the Movie "Die Hard: With a Vengeance" this will output "Die Hard - Die Hard - With a Vengeance [1995]" See the issue?

I want to try and remove the Second "Die Hard" and the " - " before it if that's possible?
I know it's not a massive issue and it's something that I can fix manually but I am sure this will annoy someone else too :)

Thanks in advance for any help!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Movie Collection Labeling

Post by rednoah »

Try something like this and then play with it ;)

{if (!collection.contains(n)) collection.before('Collection')+' -'} {n} {y}
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
MrSpookie

Post by MrSpookie »

That seems to only work with movies that have the exact name of the Collection, usually the first in the series. Any ideas on how to get it to remove the selection of text from the Name String?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Then try the other way around:

{if (!n.contains(collection.before('Collection'))) collection.before('Collection')+' -'}
I don't understand the meaning of "selection of text from name string".
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
MrSpookie

Post by MrSpookie »

That gets rid of the Name completely :)
I will have a bit more of a play around with it and see if I can figure it out.

By "selection of text from name string" I mean for example that Name is "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift", I want to just remove the "The Fast and the Furious" or be able to detect that that specific selection (Collection Name) is already in the Movie Name and not add the Collection Name to it in that case. Does that makes sense, sorry?
MrSpookie

Post by MrSpookie »

Got it!
It wasn't matching correctly because of a space that was left after the Collection Name :P

{if (!n.contains(collection.before(' Collection'))) collection.before(' Collection')+' - '}{n.replaceAll(':', replacement = " -")} [{y}]