Getting Node.js installed for Synology

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
nzdreamer55

Getting Node.js installed for Synology

Post by nzdreamer55 »

Hello everyone,

I am moving my stuff to a new Synology diskstation and just found out that filebot will run on it (thanks Rednoah!) I have tried to follow the instructions to get filebot going, but have hit a snag. I installed filebot, filebot node, and use the java. When I try to install node, there are 6 different ones (0.10,0.12, v4, v6, v8, beta). I installed what I thoug was the correct one filebot note would not launch. I installed the beta version and still no luck. I found the node log and have copied it here. I also ssh into the Synology and activated my lifetime license. When I launch the filebot node, I get an error that says, the page you are looking for was not found. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Code: Select all

2019-12-01T10:54:12-0800 /volume1/@appstore/filebot-node/server/node_modules/fa$
const nodeToJson = require('./node2json');
^^^^^
SyntaxError: Use of const in strict mode.
    at exports.runInThisContext (vm.js:73:16)
    at Module._compile (module.js:443:25)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:478:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:355:32)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:310:12)
    at Module.require (module.js:365:17)
    at require (module.js:384:17)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/volume1/@appstore/filebot-node/server/app.js:14:19)
    at Module._compile (module.js:460:26)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:478:10)

Wait!!!! I installed all of the node versions and now it is working. Was this how I was suppose to do it? Do you need all of them? Again thanks.

OK back to a sticky spot. Tried to run it on one file and got the following

filebot -script 'fn:amc' /volume1/dl_target/TV --output '/volume1/TV.Pool' --action duplicate -non-strict --order Airdate --conflict auto --lang en --def 'skipExtract=y' 'seriesFormat={n.replaceFirst(/^(?i)(The|A|An)\s(.+)/, /\$2, \$1/)}/{episode.special ? '\''Special'\'' : '\''Season '\''+s.pad(2)}/{n}.{s00e00}{'\''.'\''+fn.match(/(?i:proper)/).toLowerCase().upperInitial()}{'\''.'\''+fn.match(/(?i:repack)/).toLowerCase().upperInitial()}{'\''.'\''+[vf]}{'\''.'\''+[vc]}{'\''.'\''+[ac]}{'\''.'\''+[af]}{'\''.'\''+[source]}{'\''.'\''+[group]}.{t}' 'excludeList=.excludes' --log all --log-file '/usr/local/filebot-node/data/filebot.log'
------------------------------------------

Locking /usr/local/filebot-node/data/filebot.log
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.codehaus.groovy.vmplugin.v7.Java7$1 (file:/volume1/@appstore/filebot/jar/groovy.jar) to constructor java.lang.invoke.MethodHandles$Lookup(java.lang.Class,int)
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.codehaus.groovy.vmplugin.v7.Java7$1
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
BUG! exception in phase 'semantic analysis' in source unit 'Script1.groovy' Unsupported class file major version 57
BUG! exception in phase 'semantic analysis' in source unit 'Script1.groovy' Unsupported class file major version 57
	at net.filebot.cli.ScriptShell.evaluate(ScriptShell.java:64)
	at net.filebot.cli.ScriptShell.runScript(ScriptShell.java:74)
	at net.filebot.cli.ArgumentProcessor.runScript(ArgumentProcessor.java:163)
	at net.filebot.cli.ArgumentProcessor.run(ArgumentProcessor.java:37)
	at net.filebot.Main.main(Main.java:132)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 57
	at groovyjarjarasm.asm.ClassReader.<init>(ClassReader.java:184)
	at groovyjarjarasm.asm.ClassReader.<init>(ClassReader.java:166)
	at groovyjarjarasm.asm.ClassReader.<init>(ClassReader.java:152)
	at groovyjarjarasm.asm.ClassReader.<init>(ClassReader.java:273)
	... 5 more

Error (o_O)

[Process error]
Maybe I installed the incorrect Java script?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Getting Node.js installed for Synology

Post by rednoah »

Node.JS v4 or above should work.

Here's what I get on my DS213J:

node -v
v4.8.7

This is known issue, cause by FileBot 4.8.5 not being forwards-compatible with Java 13:

The problem should resolve itself by upgrading the the latest beta SPK package manually:
https://get.filebot.net/filebot/BETA/
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
laken

Post by laken »

Thanks - got bit with the same Java bug today setting up my new DS218+ and this got me sorted. Thanks!
tragbag

Post by tragbag »

I am as N00B as it gets. I am also having the same/similar issues when trying to use FileBot node in DSM. And I am also having issues on updating to FileBot Node to the most recent update. I am currently running 0.8.2.7. Can someone super super dumb down on how to update the FileBot in DSM? I am as lost as it gets. I've tried for almost 3 days to update.

Here is what my code reads:

filebot -script 'fn:amc' /volume1 --output '/volume1/TV Shows - FileBot' --action TEST -non-strict --order Airdate --conflict auto --lang en --def 'music=y' 'unsorted=y' 'skipExtract=y' 'excludeList=.excludes' --log all --log-file '/usr/local/filebot-node/data/filebot.log'

Locking /usr/local/filebot-node/data/filebot.log
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.codehaus.groovy.vmplugin.v7.Java7$1 (file:/volume1/@appstore/filebot/jar/groovy.jar) to constructor java.lang.invoke.MethodHandles$Lookup(java.lang.Class,int)
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.codehaus.groovy.vmplugin.v7.Java7$1
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
	at net.filebot.cli.ScriptShell.evaluate(ScriptShell.java:64)
	at net.filebot.cli.ScriptShell.runScript(ScriptShell.java:74)
	at net.filebot.cli.ArgumentProcessor.runScript(ArgumentProcessor.java:163)
	at net.filebot.cli.ArgumentProcessor.run(ArgumentProcessor.java:37)
	at net.filebot.Main.main(Main.java:132)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 57
	at groovyjarjarasm.asm.ClassReader.<init>(ClassReader.java:184)
	at groovyjarjarasm.asm.ClassReader.<init>(ClassReader.java:166)
	at groovyjarjarasm.asm.ClassReader.<init>(ClassReader.java:152)
	at groovyjarjarasm.asm.ClassReader.<init>(ClassReader.java:273)
	... 5 more

Error (o_O)

[Process error]

How do I manually update?
nzdreamer55

Post by nzdreamer55 »

I can help! Follow the link that Red Noah gave and d/l FileBot_4.9.0.spk. Open package center and on the right top corner there is a button called manual install. Click this and then find the file you d/l. If you get stuck post back.
tragbag

Post by tragbag »

nzdreamer55 wrote: 18 Dec 2019, 01:12 I can help! Follow the link that Red Noah gave and d/l FileBot_4.9.0.spk. Open package center and on the right top corner there is a button called manual install. Click this and then find the file you d/l. If you get stuck post back.
Wow, that was as simple as it gets and has fixed my problem. Thank you for responding. Hopefully one day I can repay the favor. Now I just need to figure out the best way to utilize FileBot to organize my files.