Creating of a small script

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
alcest

Creating of a small script

Post by alcest »

Hello, maybe this is too much to ask, but Im not a coder nor developer and found out just now, that there is some wonderful tool like this for handling movies.

What I would like to achieve is nothing new I guess.
Have a folder movies, is that many movies in separate folders, those folders can contain other folder like subtitles and some files including the movie file itself.

I would like to delete all the files and subtitles except of the movie files.
Then I would like to fetch those movies with their folders to have correct naming.
Then to download a subtitle for each movie with the same movie naming.
Then to create a subtitle folder under each movie for what the subtitle was download.
Then to move the subtitle file into the subtitle folder.
*On top: to download the artwork/poster for each movie and call it Poster.jpg
Thats it.

Im able to do this with combination of other tools(except of the poster part, that a manual labor). But I would like to have it just like a *.bat file, as this tool is possible to do this all in one run. Thats insanely amazing and it can save soooo much time.

Have tried this by my self of course, but found out, that the cleaner will not touch any folder where a movie file is present and I do not need to move the movie files somewhere else, so I do not know how to even delete all the files except of the movie itself(again, Im not a coder).

Thank you for any reply/help.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Creating of a small script

Post by rednoah »

The amc script will manage most if not all of that. However, filebot does fundamentally revolve around processing your files and organizing them into a new pristine file and folder structure, so you're fighting an uphill battle if you try to process things in-place.

:arrow: Consider using your current folder structure as input, then use the amc script to organize everything into a new output folder structure.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
kim
Power User

Post by kim »

when folders are named proper, then maybe you can use:

Fetch Artwork and Nfo for Movies
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5&p=205#p205

source code:
https://github.com/filebot/scripts/blob ... mdb.groovy
alcest

Post by alcest »

kim wrote: 22 Mar 2020, 18:40 when folders are named proper, then maybe you can use:

Fetch Artwork and Nfo for Movies
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5&p=205#p205

source code:
https://github.com/filebot/scripts/blob ... mdb.groovy
Yes, fetching of artwork is working, but still I will have after that files I dont need, like: artwork.jpg,logo.jpg,nfo file ...
And I need to get rid of those somehow. Unfortunately I can not find out how to run those amc scripts, its doing nothing for me.
Any small code demonstration would be welcome :) Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Re: Requesting a Licence

Post by rednoah »

e.g.

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:amc --output "/path/to/output" --action duplicate -non-strict "/path/to/input" --log-file amc.log --def excludeList=amc.txt
:idea: Please read the amc script for details on additional options.

:idea: Please use Google if you need general help on "How do I use the command-line?" not related specifically to FileBot.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
deepakfer

Post by deepakfer »

Hi there!!
First off all..hats off to you for this wonderful software!! It's amazing!!

I have a question and since I am a noob at scripts, i need your help.

I want to download only the folder icon for every movie or just one picture for every movie.
So far I have been successful at downloading the posters using the above script and it downloads multiple files. However, I need help to download only the icon file.

Any help is greatly appreciated.