can i Stop validations for folders ending in '.'?

Any questions? Need some help?
iansebryk

can i Stop validations for folders ending in '.'?

Post by iansebryk »

while i like the validation feature, it constantly wants to validate in a block, which means that some folders that are actually valid, wind up getting 'validated' whether i want them to or not. in this case, NOT. here's an example of a folder that gets generated from another part of my pipeline, ironically from TVDB source as well: 'Magnum P.I.'. Filebot insists on chopping off the final '.' of this legitimate folder name. now i know that Windoze loses it's weak little mind when such things occur, but as a Linux user, this is really irritating. this behaviour aside, is there a way to deselect or selectively choose which files get validated? or can we choose a validation criteria?
rednoah
The Source

Re: can i Stop validations for folders ending in '.'?

Post by rednoah »

You can set the -unixfs flag to disable file name validation:

Code: Select all

-unixfs

If you're using the GUI, then you might prefer to permanently disable file name validation:

filebot -script fn:properties --def unixfs=true
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
iansebryk

Post by iansebryk »

from the command line, i totally get this. but where in the UI do i deploy this? or it this meant for the shortcut from windows? (long reply delay = crazy busy @ work)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

iansebryk wrote: 17 Sep 2020, 14:41 from the command line, i totally get this. but where in the UI do i deploy this? or it this meant for the shortcut from windows? (long reply delay = crazy busy @ work)
This command will permanently configure unixfs=true by creating and updating the necessary configuration files which then apply to the GUI on next launch:

filebot -script fn:properties --def unixfs=true

EDIT: Also, using {plex} as format bypasses the issue altogether because {plex} will always generate Windows compatible file paths.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
iansebryk

Post by iansebryk »

okay. run from command line, never think about it again. :) thank you.