After clicking "Validate" it does not seem to to be "validated" completely although the "Continue" button is active

Support for Windows users
Biff

After clicking "Validate" it does not seem to to be "validated" completely although the "Continue" button is active

Post by Biff »

After clicking "Validate" it does not seem to to be "validated" completely although the "Continue" button is active:

What could I do to rename the episodes?
Newest portable, stable FileBot, Windows 10 Home, 64bit
rednoah
The Source

Re: After clicking "Validate" it does not seem to to be "validated" completely although the "Continue" button is active

Post by rednoah »

Windows does not allow trailing . in folder names. You can modify your custom format to take care of this (i.e. strip trailing dots) during format time. I guess this happens because FileBot only "validates" once. So at first the ? is stripped. And after ? is stripped .. now becomes invalid because it's now at the end of the folder name. A bit of an unfortunate corner case.

:arrow: You can strip trailing ..? in your custom format, so that FileBot doesn't have to "validate" when you click "Rename".
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Biff

Re: After clicking "Validate" it does not seem to to be "validated" completely although the "Continue" button is active

Post by Biff »

OK, thank you. Never had have such before.
You can modify your custom format to take care of this (i.e. strip trailing dots) during format time.
Could you please do it with this lines(?):

Code: Select all

I:/Eigene Dateien/Videos/Serien/{n}/Season {s}/{n} ({s00e00.lower()}) - {t} ({airdate}, {y}){tags}{file.path =~ /Kinofassung/ ? '[Theatrical Cut]' : ''}{fn.match(/.forced/)}

I:\Eigene Dateien\Videos\Filme\{n.replace(':', ' -')} ({y}){tags}{file.path =~ /Kinofassung/ ? '[Theatrical Cut]' : ''}\{n.replace(':', ' -')} ({y}){' Teil '+pi}{'.'+lang}{tags}{file.path =~ /Kinofassung/ ? '[Theatrical Cut]' : ''}{fn.match(/.forced/)}
That would be great.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

e.g. replace ..? with nothing:

{ n.replace('..?', '') }
:idea: That said, this particular issue likely doesn't effect any other series in existence, so you probably won't be needing this customisation for any other use case.
Biff

Post by Biff »

:idea: That said, this particular issue likely doesn't effect any other series in existence, so you probably won't be needing this customisation for any other use case.
Does it cause any problems / drawbacks being in those lines anyway?

Why didn't you add it to the lines I did ask you for? Is there any problem for you doing it? I do not know where to insert it?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

{ n } yields Wetten dass..?, so { n.replace('..?', '') } yields Wetten dass. Now you understand how it works and which part of your format you want to replace to yield the latter instead of the former.

You already know how it works, since it's conceptually no different from the other replacement operation you already have there, so you just do what you already know again:

{ n.replace(':', ' -').replace('..?', '') }
Biff

Post by Biff »

Sorry, I do not understand.

Why can't you just add it to the lines? What is your problem doing this?
You already know how it works, since it's conceptually no different from the other replacement operation you already have there, so you just do what you already know again:
I do not have any idea of how it works / the code, sorry.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Biff wrote: 13 Feb 2022, 10:09 Why can't you just add it to the lines? What is your problem doing this?
I will show you 2-3 times so that you can learn from my example, so you can then do it yourself. What you're asking for is simple, and the only reason you haven't done it yourself is because you expect me to do it for you. However, you absolutely could do it if you bothered to try.

:arrow: Please try for 30min, open the Format Editor, look at your custom format, try a few things, copy & paste a little bit. Experiment. Play. I pretty much already gave you the solution above. You can do it. If you really really can't do it, then let us know what you've tried and where you're stuck, and we'll figure it out then.

:arrow: Here's the solution for one of your formats, so that you can compare and contrast, learn, and then apply what you have learnt to the other one:

I:\Eigene Dateien\Videos\Filme\{ n.replace(':', ' -').replace('..?', '') } ({y}){tags}{file.path =~ /Kinofassung/ ? '[Theatrical Cut]' : ''}\{n.replace(':', ' -')} ({y}){' Teil '+pi}{'.'+lang}{tags}{file.path =~ /Kinofassung/ ? '[Theatrical Cut]' : ''}{fn.match(/.forced/)}
Biff

Post by Biff »

Can't understand your problem. I do not want to learn, I just want to rename my episodes / movies.

Unbelievable.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If you want to make use of custom formatting, then you need to learn custom formatting, so that you can rename your episodes / movies in your custom way tailor-made by you for your specific requirements:

I:/Eigene Dateien/Videos/Serien/{ n.replace(':', ' -').replace('..?', '') }/Season {s}/{n} ({s00e00.lower()}) - {t} ({airdate}, {y}){tags}{file.path =~ /Kinofassung/ ? '[Theatrical Cut]' : ''}{fn.match(/.forced/)}

I:\Eigene Dateien\Videos\Filme\{ n.replace(':', ' -').replace('..?', '') } ({y}){tags}{file.path =~ /Kinofassung/ ? '[Theatrical Cut]' : ''}\{n.replace(':', ' -')} ({y}){' Teil '+pi}{'.'+lang}{tags}{file.path =~ /Kinofassung/ ? '[Theatrical Cut]' : ''}{fn.match(/.forced/)}

If you don't want to understand or learn how to write custom format to tailor naming to your needs, and that's perfectly fine, then you'll want to just stick to the {plex} format instead of using a custom format that you don't understand and thus cannot modify:

I:/Eigene Dateien/Videos/{plex}
Biff

Post by Biff »

If you want to make use of custom formatting, then you need to learn custom formatting, so that you can rename your episodes / movies in your custom way tailor-made by you for your specific requirements:
Yes. Or simply ask in a forum. Actually.

Thank you so much for the formats.
If you don't want to understand or learn how to write custom format to tailor naming to your needs, and that's perfectly fine, then you'll want to just stick to the {plex} format instead of using a custom format that you don't understand and thus cannot modify:
But it does not look like, as if there was nothing to learn, a lot of code there, obviously.

How could one remove a (wrong) format here:
I:/Eigene Dateien/Videos/{plex}
This would be enough to use for all movies, all series? Nothing more needed?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yes. But as a rule, we focus on small self-contained generally useful snippets, that you can understand easily, so you can then copy & paste & integrate & compose them into your larger format that is very specific to you and not used by anyone else. So if you use a complex custom format, then it would be beneficial to you to understand your custom format. And if you repeatedly ask for fish, then at some point it will eventually make sense to teach you how to fish, instead of just giving you another fish. ;)

:idea: Unfortunately, you cannot change the list of recently used formats. It will always show the last 5 recently used formats.

The {plex} binding will indeed give you the appropriate relative file path for movies, episodes, etc depending on the match being formatted. Typically, nothing more is needed, but your specific needs and the needs of typical users aren't necessarily the same.

Relevant to this particular thread, the {plex} format will indeed take care of the "folder name end with ..?" issue out-of-the-box, and generate file paths as below:

$ filebot -list --q "wetten dass" --db TheTVDB --lang German --format "{plex}"
TV Shows/Wetten, dass/Season 01/Wetten, dass.. - S01E01 - Wetten, dass.. aus Düsseldorf
:arrow: If {plex} is TV Shows/Wetten, dass/Season 01/Wetten, dass.. - S01E01 - Wetten, dass.. aus Düsseldorf then I:/Eigene Dateien/Videos/{plex} is I:/Eigene Dateien/Videos/TV Shows/Wetten, dass/Season 01/Wetten, dass.. - S01E01 - Wetten, dass.. aus Düsseldorf and so on.

:!: The custom formats you posted above are tailor-made to your specific needs (e.g. checking for things like Kinofassung) and {plex} will not cover those needs.
Biff

Post by Biff »

Yes yes, but if one wants a fish (I didn't want one, I am a vegan) once in a year or in two years why then learn how to fish? Why not just give him a damned small canned fish? It would be so easy, so fast.
:idea: Unfortunately, you cannot change the list of recently used formats. It will always show the last 5 recently used formats.
Oops, why is that? So I will always have a wrong format there? What sense does that make?

Actually I just need two formats, one for series, one for movies, nothing else (actually), that one was an exception (I assume), I would think. I could not imagine whatfor I could use a further format.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Well, same as before, with the extra replacement. I guess we can leave it at that if that's all you need for now and the foreseeable future.

e.g. series

I:/Eigene Dateien/Videos/Serien/{ n.replace(':', ' -').replace('..?', '') }/Season {s}/{n} ({s00e00.lower()}) - {t} ({airdate}, {y}){tags}{file.path =~ /Kinofassung/ ? '[Theatrical Cut]' : ''}{fn.match(/.forced/)}

e.g. movies

Biff

Post by Biff »

Ah, sorry, I meant with the two formats I need, I do have them already. Thank you anyway for posting them again.

Yes, we can leave it at that for now. Many thanks.