ITASA support for subtitles

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
rjalex

ITASA support for subtitles

Post by rjalex »

Hi there,
trying Filebot and so far like it a lot !!!

The only thing I'd really miss is being able to download subtitles not only from OS but also from an Italian language subtitle website called ITASA http://www.italiansubs.net/

For example I tried Filebot on my Mac on the directory of Desperate Housewives season 5 and Filebot found all but 6 subititles, but they are on ITASA and had to download and rename manually !!! :-(

At the very least would there be a way to match manually downloaded subtitles with different weird naming schemes to the corresponding movie episode files and have Filebot rename them accordingly ?

Thank you very much in advance.

PS If you need Italian language translation assistance to get authorized to use ITASA APIs I'll be glad to assist you :-)
rednoah
The Source

Re: ITASA support for subtitles

Post by rednoah »

I don't see an API on or any related docs on their site.

As for matching subs with videos. That's in the video tutorial. Drop subtitle files to the left. Drop movie files to the right. Click match. FileBot will align subs/movies and the movie filename will serve as template for the subtitle filename.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
rjalex

Post by rjalex »

rednoah wrote:I don't see an API on or any related docs on their site.

As for matching subs with videos. That's in the video tutorial. Drop subtitle files to the left. Drop movie files to the right. Click match. FileBot will align subs/movies and the movie filename will serve as template for the subtitle filename.
Hi there,
to access the APIs I can write them on your behalf in Italian if you wish.
This is the page in which they offer the access to developers, saying you need to write to them describing the project (in this case Filebot)
http://www.italiansubs.net/forum/itasan ... 261600159f
Being in Italian I can help you if you wish. Just let me know.
Take care
Robert
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yep, that looks like a proper API, though I'm quite reluctant to add support for language-specific sites, then I'd have to suddenly implement and support hundreds. Lots of work and only useful for a minority of users.

In any case, I'll keep it in mind and look into that when I have some extra time on my hands.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.