Renaming TV Episodes Without Season and Episode Reference

Any questions? Need some help?
sam829

Renaming TV Episodes Without Season and Episode Reference

Post by sam829 »

How do I get Filebot to rename file that do not include a season and episode reference in the tile? For example if a TV show has, s01e01 the file is handled with no problems. Now if the TV show does not have a season and an episode reference as shown below in the three examples it does nothing.

ShowTitle.0318-GroupName
ShowTitle.112.GroupName
ShowTitle.319.hdtv.x264-GroupName

filebot -rename M:/TVComplete --output \\ds212/TV --format "{n}/Season {s}/{n} {sxe} {t}" -non-strict --db TheTVDB

Once that has been sorted. The other issue I've been running into is that when those three examples are sitting in the rename folder and any file that shows up that can be renamed by Filebot it names all of the shows in the folder to the one show that is renamed properly.

So lets say the above three shows are sitting in the folder and this shows up, ShowTitle.s07e19.hdtv.x264-GroupName. The other three files that could not be renamed now are renamed to the show that was able to be renamed.

Thanks in Advance!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Renaming TV Episodes Without Season and Episode Referenc

Post by rednoah »

What's the issue? Works just fine, even without -non-strict:
http://snag.gy/1gG74.jpg

Each -rename call treats each batch of files as a whole. If you rename "Alias 1x01.avi" and "1x02.avi" it'll both be matched to episodes of Alias. Shouldn't be an issue if file names make some kind of sense, but you can call -rename on each single file if you want with bash / groovy script.

Which files could not be renamed? File names would be useful.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
sam829

Post by sam829 »

The three file names below were extracted into the folder where Filebot is called to rename/move to the server. They were not processed for whatever reason.

ridiculousness.0318-yestv
under.the.dome.112.hdtv-lol
bar.rescue.319.hdtv.x264-sys

The file name below was the last one to be extracted into the folder where Filebot is called to rename/move to the server. It correctly identified and renamed/moved to the server. However it also took the three files that were currently there and renamed them using the show title that it could properly identify. Therefore I now have four shows all under the title Hardcore Pawn. When in fact only one of the shoes is actually called Hardcore Pawn.

Hardcore.Pawn.S07E19.HDTV.x264-EVOLVE

If I take away "-non-strict" it does not process the files at all.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Looks still good to me:
http://snag.gy/1nhM9.jpg

Try using the latest revision from HEAD. And if you're sorting out random piles of media files it might be best to use the AMC script which adds lots of extra detection and partitioning logic on top of simple rename calls.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.