Additional files in wrong location (when renaming files in place)

Support for Windows users
Joombler

Additional files in wrong location (when renaming files in place)

Post by Joombler »

When I use fb, sometimes the location of backdrop.jpg, folder.jpg, landscape.png, logo.png, poster.jpg and tvshow.nfo are put in the wrong location:

renaming /mydrive/files1/file.mkv sometime results in files are put @ /mydrive instead of @ /mydrive/files1
the file.mkv stays in the correct location @ /mydrive/files1/

Using fb running on win11 with file path referring to a unix server location.
Can you tell how to solve? Thanks.
-- With both feet on the ground you can't make any step forward...
rednoah
The Source

Re: Additional files in wrong location

Post by rednoah »

:?: Can you post real file paths as text?

:idea: The Fetch artwork / Export NFO files post-processing features assume that you're using the {plex} format (or some equivalent) and files may end up in the wrong folders if you're not organizing files into the correct folder structure.

:arrow: The solution is to use {plex} format to move/rename files into the correct folder structure:

Format: Select all

{ drive }/Media/{ plex.id }
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Joombler

Post by Joombler »

The file path is not the Plex file path:
10.10.10.10/download/folder1/
- fb adopts the file in that folder (with Plex format style) and creates additional files.
- I move this folder manually to the 10.10.10.10/plex/tv folder

But even if it was a plex file path, the extra files would be outside that Plex folder? In most cases it works alright, but sometimes it goes wrong.
With regards to the configuration of fb in Win11, there is not much to configure. Is that because I should use prompt commands after processing?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You'll want to use the {plex} format to move/rename files into the correct folder structure via FileBot, and not rename files in place. Please read the How do I organize files for Plex? for details.
Screenshot

If you move/rename this file:

Code: Select all

\\10.10.10.10\download/folder1/Alias.1x01.mkv
using this format:

Format: Select all

\\10.10.10.10\plex/{ plex.id }
then that file will be moved/renamed to this file path:

\\10.10.10.10\plex/TV Shows/Alias {tmdb-2046}/Season 01/Alias - S01E01 - Truth Be Told.mkv
and series/season artwork will then be generated into the correct parent folders:

\\10.10.10.10\plex/TV Shows/Alias {tmdb-2046}/Season 01
\\10.10.10.10\plex/TV Shows/Alias {tmdb-2046}
** This explains why FileBot is generating artwork into the parent parent folder. Season artwork goes to the parent folder. Series artwork goes to the parent parent folder. If you rename a file in /mydrive/files1 in place, then /mydrive/files1 the Season folder, /mydrive is the Series folder, and artwork is generated into these folders accordingly.

:!: You'll want to have all your files, input and output folder, on the same network share, same file system, otherwise Windows may not be able to move/rename files efficiently. If you process files within the same network share, then you can also use {drive} in your format expression generate file paths relatively to the network share at hand.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Joombler

Re: Additional files in wrong location (when renaming files in place)

Post by Joombler »

Thanks for explaining. Will follow up and let you know if there still is an issue.
Joombler

Re: Additional files in wrong location (when renaming files in place)

Post by Joombler »

Sorry for the late follow-up. Just to let y'all know that I did not use Filebot in the way it is designed (XQ's). What finally worked for me is moving file(s) info a Plex compatible file structure and running either from command line or from GUI from withing the Season (x) location. It all works fine now. Thanks for your help!