Errors renaming, and can't upgrade..

Support for Windows users
meites

Errors renaming, and can't upgrade..

Post by meites »

I've had several ongoing errors while renaming files; What happens is windows gives a message saying it's copying then the application hangs.
I tried to repair, and I've tried to re-install. I'm now getting this error
https://s.meicor.com/OAul2G0R "Unable to write to the folder e:\.... \legal\java.desktop\.

What's the best way to get things up and working again?

Any help .. will.. Help
meites

Re: Errors renaming, and can't upgrade..

Post by meites »

(I just restarted it for the 3rd time... and ran the error log, but it's clean..)
rednoah
The Source

Re: Errors renaming, and can't upgrade..

Post by rednoah »

meites wrote: 22 Jul 2023, 20:40 I've had several ongoing errors while renaming files;
:?: What does the error say? Can you take a screenshot when the Windows Move / Copy Dialog freezes or shows an error?

:?: Where are the files? Are remote network share? A local hard drive? What are the file paths at hand?

:?: What does sysinfo say? Please read How to Request Help.

:!: If Windows has trouble copying files on a network share for some reason, then upgrading / downgrading FileBot likely has no effect.

:!: You have installed Windows on E: drive? That is most unusual. %PROGRAMFILES% not being "C:\Program Files" suggests that you're doing unusual things, so the issue is likely specific to your machine. You could run things on a clean standard Windows machine, see if that works, and then see what's different on your machine. Maybe custom configuration. Maybe custom software / anti-virus / etc interfering with file system access in unusual and unexpected ways, etc. Can you provide more context? What things are you doing that typical Windows users probably are not doing? Can you post a full screen screenshot of your Desktop so we can have general clues as to what might be running in the background on your computer? The root cause could be anything.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.