IO Error: Operation Not Permitted

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
radiopaque

IO Error: Operation Not Permitted

Post by radiopaque »

Hi,

I am having a problem with permissions that I can't get fixed somehow. I created a new shared folder (NAS_Media) and gave Filebot R/W permission through the Synology Control Panel.
At the first execute, FileBot creates the relevant subdirectories for me, so I assume that the permissions in the share are set correctly. The problem is the actual move or hardlink of the file itself. FileBot returns an IO error, and notes that the operation is not permitted.
I have tried Move and Symlink Back, won't work. Hardlink, same error. My goal is to be able to seed while still having the file itself stored neatly in my Plex library.

Below a sample output what happens to a FLAC, but the same happens to TV series or movies. I removed a some other files from this log for clarity.

What can I do to solve this problem?

Cheers
Mark

Console Output: Select all

filebot -script 'dev:amc' /volume1/Torrents/complete --output /volume1/NAS_Media --action hardlink -non-strict --order Airdate --conflict index --lang en --def 'music=y' 'unsorted=y' 'artwork=y' 'clean=y' 'deleteAfterExtract=y' 'minLengthMS=0' 'minFileSize=100000000' 'plex=192.168.1.2:*********-' 'excludeList=.excludes' --apply import metadata refresh --log all --log-file '/var/packages/filebot-node/var/filebot.log'

------------------------------------------

Run script [dev:amc] at [Tue Jul 25 20:06:34 CEST 2023]

[PSA] Important Discussion of Proposed Changes:
https://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13406

Parameter: music = y
Parameter: unsorted = y
Parameter: artwork = y
Parameter: clean = y
Parameter: deleteAfterExtract = y
Parameter: minLengthMS = 0
Parameter: minFileSize = 100000000
Parameter: plex = *****
Parameter: excludeList = .excludes
Argument[0]: /volume1/Torrents/complete
Use excludes: /volume1/NAS_Media/.excludes
Ignore hidden: /volume1/Torrents/complete/.DS_Store
Group: {Music=/volume1/Torrents/complete/Metallica - Screaming Suicide 2023 24 96 Hi-Res FLAC tracks} => [01 Screaming Suicide.flac]
Rename music using [ID3 Tags]
Rename music using [ID3 Tags]
[HARDLINK] from [/volume1/Torrents/complete/Metallica - Screaming Suicide 2023 24 96 Hi-Res FLAC tracks/01 Screaming Suicide.flac] to [/volume1/NAS_Media/Music/Metallica/Screaming Suicide/01 - Screaming Suicide.flac]
[HARDLINK] from [/volume1/Torrents/complete/Metallica - Screaming Suicide 2023 24 96 Hi-Res FLAC tracks/01 Screaming Suicide.flac] to [/volume1/NAS_Media/Music/Metallica/Screaming Suicide/01 - Screaming Suicide.flac] failed due to I/O error [/volume1/NAS_Media/Music/Metallica/Screaming Suicide/01 - Screaming Suicide.flac -> /volume1/Torrents/complete/Metallica - Screaming Suicide 2023 24 96 Hi-Res FLAC tracks/01 Screaming Suicide.flac: Operation not permitted]
Processed 0 files
Notify Plex [192.168.1.2]
Network Connection Error: Unexpected end of file from server
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ

------------------------------------------

[Process completed]

rednoah
The Source

Re: IO Error: Operation Not Permitted

Post by rednoah »

:idea: Note that you are using FileBot Node.

:?: What does filebot -script fn:sysinfo say?

:?: Have you tried --action copy just to see if that works?

:?: Have you tried processing files within the same shared folder just to see if that works?
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.