Can not create new presets (because I've added so many Presets already, they don't fit on my screen anymore)

Support for Windows users
Hercules40

Can not create new presets (because I've added so many Presets already, they don't fit on my screen anymore)

Post by Hercules40 »

Recently, some new presets appeared when I click on my preset button.

AND

When I click EDIT Presets, I no longer have the option to add NEW PRESETS.

What am I doing wrong?
Hercules40

Re: Can not create new presets

Post by Hercules40 »

I took a screen shot, but don't know how to add it (other than attaching.)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Please read [FAQ] How can I share screenshots on the internet? for help.

Are you talking about the built-in default Presets by any chance? You can add your own Presets, either new or based on one of the built-in templates, via the Edit Preset button.
rednoah wrote: 03 Dec 2015, 17:36 :idea: You cannot delete the built-in Presets. The built-in Presets are however hidden by default if you have already created 3 or more custom Presets. Use SHIFT+CLICK <Presets> to reveal both built-in Presets and custom Presets. Use Edit Preset to create a new custom Preset based on one of the built-in Presets.

ScreenshotScreenshot
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Hercules40

Post by Hercules40 »

No, I am not talking about the built in PRESETS.

I am talking about adding my OWN PRESETS. Is there a limit?

Screenshot

After I click EDIT it no longer gives me an option to create a NEW PRESET.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I see... You have a very large number of Presets. FileBot itself has no Preset limit, so the "limit" appears to be your screen resolution. It looks like you can't have more Presets than whatever number of Presets fit on your screen. The New Preset item is there, it just happens to be off-screen because the popup is too large to fit on-screen.

:?: What is your screen resolution and scale factor?

:?: How many Presets do you have?

:?: How many Presets do need?
Hercules40

Re: Can not create new presets (because I've added so many Presets already, they don't fit on my screen anymore)

Post by Hercules40 »

I don't know, but since I try to keep my individual PLEX libraries small, I have a lot of presets.

30?
40?

Part of the problem is that all my Anime is in 2 different folders (separated by age and whether it's part of a franchise.) On top of that I have two of every Anime renaming preset because sometimes TVDB craps out so I have to find the show on ANIDB.

Plus, I also have another preset for everything when PLEX has trouble with a show I rename it using PLEX default settings.

So, you know 30-40 presets.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Can not create new presets (because I've added so many Presets already, they don't fit on my screen anymore)

Post by rednoah »

Hercules40 wrote: 28 Jul 2023, 20:31 So, you know 30-40 presets.
I see. Sorry, I've got no solution for you there, other than using a bigger monitor / higher screen resolution. Alternatively, it may be possible to make your existing Presets smarter to handle multiple similar use cases, but that depends entirely on the Presets that you have.

:?: What is your screen resolution and scale factor?

:idea: 1920x1080 seems to be enough to fit 40 presets comfortably.

EDIT:

:?: So you have on input folder from which you select files, and then you manually select one of 40 presets for the files at hand?

:?: Having 30-40 presets is very peculiar though and sparks my curiosity. Mind sharing your Presets?

:idea: You can use filebot -script fn:preferences --output /path/to/folder to export your settings to an XML file which you can then upload to Pastebin.com for easy sharing.
Hercules40

Post by Hercules40 »

1920 x 1080 is not available to me.

I'm already at 1920 x 1200.

Oh well.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

1920x1200 is 120px higher than 1920x1080 so you should have even more space. Oddly enough, your previously posted screenshot is only 774px high and fits ~30 presets already. Maybe you mean to fit 50-60 presets or more? Are you sure that you're running at 1920x1200 resolution? If so, are you sure that you're running at 100% scale factor?
Hercules40

Post by Hercules40 »

I am at 39 presets.

The built in presets are 9.

I deleted 3 presets (I was at 42).

I can see the "new" button now. Thanks rednoah.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

No worries. I ran tests on Windows 11 myself and can confirm that the limit is indeed at around ~32 presets at 1920x1080 resolution and ~80 at 4096x2160 resolution.

Screenshot

Screenshot

:idea: FileBot r9919 and higher will now auto-hide the built-in default presets to make more space if you already have >30 presets just to give you space for an extra couple of presets.