AMC symlink issues (on rclone remote file system)

Support for Ubuntu and other Desktop Linux distributions
tucka20

AMC symlink issues (on rclone remote file system)

Post by tucka20 »

Hi,

I've purchased a licence and attempted to use the AMC script to convert a folder. My use case is as follows:

I have an online drive linked to my Ubuntu installation using rclone, and the drive is not laid out intuitively for emby to automatically collate the files. I set up the script to use AMC, format the files in emby format, and create symlinks in a local drive.

This works, in that the symlinks are created, formatted how emby would like them to, and emby can read the files and play the media. The size of the folder holding the symlinks is small. For around 10tb of files the size was around 5mb. However, for some reason when running the script all of my HDD space is being used, to the point where the os crashes because there's no space remaiining. On reboot the drive is empty again until the script is ran.

Am I doing something wrong or is this intended?

Thanks
Jordan
rednoah
The Source

Re: AMC symlink issues

Post by rednoah »

tucka20 wrote: 06 Aug 2023, 10:04 I have an online drive linked to my Ubuntu installation using rclone
:?: Does rclone play well with symlinks?

tucka20 wrote: 06 Aug 2023, 10:04 On reboot the drive is empty again until the script is ran.
:?: So all your symlink files disappear after reboot? Are you creating symlinks for your entirely library after each reboot?

tucka20 wrote: 06 Aug 2023, 10:04 Am I doing something wrong or is this intended?
:?: Sounds like the issue is entirely unrelated to FileBot since whatever strangeness you seem to be experiencing happens when filebot is not running. I'd start to investigate the root cause of the issue. If the folder uses almost no disk space at first, and then a lot some time later, or vice versa, then what has changed?

rednoah wrote: 31 Jul 2014, 16:40 If you're using the filebot command-line tool:
  • Include the command-line call and console output or logs (absolutely required for new topics; run filebot -script fn:logs if you can't find the logs; please use pastebin to share large logs)
  • Include filebot -script fn:sysinfo output (absolutely required for new topics)
:?: filebot command and console output?

:idea: Please read How to Request Help.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.