Use Filebot on NAS (OMV 6 and jDownloader as Docker)

Any questions? Need some help?
eggsplorer

Use Filebot on NAS (OMV 6 and jDownloader as Docker)

Post by eggsplorer »

Hi,

I upgraded my NAS to OMV 6 and wanted to try again to use FileBot automatically - something I gave up a few years a go.

Since then I called FileBot manually via SSH like this:

Code: Select all

sh /opt/jd2/filebot.sh /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Medien/Downloads/complete
This is my filebot.sh-Script:

LOG="\\NAS\Medien\Downloads\filebot\amcPC.log"
EXC="\\NAS\Medien\Downloads\filebot\amcPC.txt"
SERIEN="\\NAS\Medien\Serien\{n}\Staffel {s}\{n} - {s00e00} - {t}"
FILME="\\NAS\Medien\{vf =~ /2160p|uhd|UHD/ ? 'Filme\2. 4K' : 'Filme'}\{n} ({y})\{n} ({y}) [{rating}]"
filebot -script fn:amc --lang de --log-file $LOG --action move "$1" --def "seriesFormat=$SERIEN" "movieFormat=$FILME" -non-strict --def clean=y
filebot -script fn:cleaner "$1"
My new setup:
- OMV 6.6.0-2 (Shaitan)
- Linux 6.1.0-0.deb11.7-amd64
- Docker v24.0.5
- Portainer CE 2.18.4

I managed to install and sucessfully run and use jDownloader as Stack/Container:

version: "2"
services:
  jdownloader-2:
    image: jlesage/jdownloader-2
    ports:
      - 5800:5800
      - 3129:3129
    volumes:
      - /opt/jdownloader/config:/config:rw
      - /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-29c96ac1-e4ea-42c5-bef8-4ea9df7484b1/Downloads/complete:/output:rw
My goal:
I want FileBot to be called automatically after jDownloader finishes my downloads. I do have a valid license. Extraction can be done by jDownloader or FileBot - whatever works better.

Now I'm kina lost. For me the logical approach was to install filebot-watcher as container as well but I don't know which settings to use.

My approach:
This is where I'm at - where I kinda gave up because I have no clue what I am doing and don't know how to proceed:

version: "2"
services:
  jdownloader-2:
    image: jlesage/jdownloader-2
    ports:
      - 5800:5800
      - 3129:3129
    volumes:
      - /opt/jdownloader/config:/config:rw
      - /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-29c96ac1-e4ea-42c5-bef8-4ea9df7484b1/Downloads/complete:/output:rw
  filebot:
    container_name: filebot-watcher
    image: rednoah/filebot:watcher
    restart: unless-stopped
    volumes:
      - /opt/filebot/config:/data
      - /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-29c96ac1-e4ea-42c5-bef8-4ea9df7484b1/Downloads/complete:/Complete
      - /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-29c96ac1-e4ea-42c5-bef8-4ea9df7484b1/Medien:/Medien
      - /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-bfbda46b-4bc1-497d-9dbd-23bfe3687ad7/Serien:/Serien
    command: /volume1/input --output /volume1/output # see amc script usage
Is this the right approach? I'd be very grateful if someone could point in the right direction!

Thank you in advance!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Use Filebot on NAS (OMV 6 and jDownloader as Docker)

Post by rednoah »

Your first problem is that JD and FileBot are separate containers, and that complicates things a lot. The easiest solution is to have JD and FileBot run normally on the host, or at the very least within the same container, so that you can integrate JD with FileBot directly.

:arrow: Setup for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X

If you can't install software on the host, and you can't build your own container, then you have many not-so-great options. You'll definitely need a "completed" folder where JD moves completed files, which you then take as input folder for filebot commands. Watching this folder is one option. Running filebot on a schedule is another. Personally, I'd schedule a filebot command to run once a day at 4am on all the newly added files, especially if you already have a working command that just needs to be called automatically on a schedule.

:arrow: Combine FileBot and JDownloader (both as Docker-Container)

:arrow: How do I use the rednoah/filebot:watcher docker container?

:idea: As for example usage, you expose your input / output file structure to the container, and then you pass input / output paths (from the container point of view) along on the command-line:

volumes:
      - /opt/filebot/config:/data
      - /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-29c96ac1-e4ea-42c5-bef8-4ea9df7484b1:/volume1
    command: /volume1/Downloads/complete --output /volume1/Media
:!: You will want store input / output folders on the same file system. Read Notes on --action MOVE and --action HARDLINK for details.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.