filebot-watcher

Support for unRAID and docker container users
thansen

filebot-watcher

Post by thansen »

Hi
I am using unraid(newbie), and have setup up filebot-node, following the "installing FileBot on unRaid" guide, using the curl command in terminal.
and it is working perfect when i manually opens up the container and run it, now i would like to use filebot-watcher to do it automatic. i have spend
close to 2 days trying to read and experimenting, and is still where i startet, is it possible for you to add a filebot-watcher guide, into the "installing FileBot on unRaid" topic to?

I like that even though, i dont know scripting and what its all called, I can still use Filebot with the guide and the curl command.
rednoah
The Source

Re: filebot-watcher

Post by rednoah »

:!: The filebot-watcher container is a bit tricky, since it does not have a GUI and will provide feedback via the console only. Some command-line and docker skills are going to be very helpful, especially for the initial troubleshooting which is almost certainly gonna be necessary for one reason or another. Also, monitoring a file system for changes is also notably unreliable, so you will again want to be able to read the console output to see what is going on.

:arrow: We don't have an unRAID template, but if you are somewhat familiar with docker on command-line (even just a little bit) then setting up an unRAID docker containr from scratch without a template is easy, since every command-line option maps 1:1 to the container form in the unRAID WebUI. You will have to switch to ADVANCED VIEW to add the argument array though.

Shell: Select all

docker run --rm -it -v "$PWD:/volume1" -v data:/data rednoah/filebot:watcher /volume1/input --output /volume1/output
Screenshot

Screenshot
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
thansen

Post by thansen »

Ty, for the fast reply and the explanation, i got it working :-))..
tested it, like 15-20 times, had the terminal running while and it is doing what it is suppose to do perfectly.
I just change the paths in the command you wrote copy´n paste it in, now i need to read up on the rest :-))

tyvm again. Maybe a future idea could be a FileBot-Watcher template if possible from rednoah :-))
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Sure. Why not? By creating the container in the WebUI we have already created a template XML file:
https://github.com/filebot/plugins/tree/master/unraid
sitesreg

Post by sitesreg »

Hi rednoah

I have gotten a 1 year licens, to try this out and it works wonders. but i do have a little problem.

It all is installed following the guide filebot-node, filebot-watcher and filebot-xpra.

Watcher runs great but i do get this

Format: Select all

/volume1/output/.sync/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.!sync was modified less than 5 seconds ago
Processing deferred until next change...
from time to time and files is not progressed,i know its my sync folder, so is there a easy way for me to put "exclude folder" for my watch folder
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

sitesreg wrote: 30 Aug 2023, 12:52 from time to time and files is not progressed,i know its my sync folder, so is there a easy way for me to put "exclude folder" for my watch folder
:?: What is the purpose of your /volume1/output/.sync folder? What software are you using to sync files? You may be able to specify a different folder that is not in the watch folder.

:idea: Note that the filebot-watcher script is entirely expected to miss a change here or there. That's why the change merely kicks off processing, and processing will then always process all files in the watch folder. If the sanity check that prevents you from processing half-moved files, prevents new files from being processed, then they'll be processed the next time around. You can probably disable that check via the SETTLE_DOWN_CHECK environment variable though.

:idea: Alternatively, you can write your own watcher script (it's ~10 lines) but you would have to build your own docker container as well.
sitesreg

Post by sitesreg »

I am using Resilio for the syncing, and i dont even have a .sync in my output folder (also checked hidden files). Only in
my watch folder /volume1/watch/.sync. That was why the thinking about already exclude it from watch folder
in filebot-watcher
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Resilio Connect Agents create a hidden .sync directory with some service files in the root of a synchronized folder.
https://connect.resilio.com/hc/en-us/ar ... -directory

:arrow: You'll want to use /volume1/media as sync folder and /volume1/media/watch as watch folder, so that the hidden .sync folder is not in your watch folder, i.e. the watch folder must not be your Resilio sync root folder.