Set creation date

Support for Windows users
Poxona

Set creation date

Post by Poxona »

Hi I've ticked the box for set creation date and hoped it would change the file creation date to the release date so everything would be ordered correctly in Kodi. However doesn't seem to do anything. Is this something that doesn't work on the windows version please?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Set creation date

Post by rednoah »

Poxona wrote: 08 Sep 2023, 18:59 Hi I've ticked the box for set creation date and hoped it would change the file creation date to the release date so everything would be ordered correctly in Kodi. However doesn't seem to do anything. Is this something that doesn't work on the windows version please?
:?: What have you tried so far? What File Creation Date does Windows Explorer show after renaming files? Are we talking about files on a local NTFS drive or a remote SMB network share?

:?: Does Kodi use the File Creation Date to order files in the first place? It might, but I'd make sure to confirm that myself first just to cover all my bases.

:idea: Screenshots would allow us to see what you see. When you see a problem, something not working, a snapshot of what you see at that point in time is immensely helpful. Please read How to Request Help.

EDIT:

I can confirm that Set creation date generally works, assuming release date information is available for the movie at hand, tested with local files on an NTFS drive:
Screenshot
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.