The amc script is stuck after listing input files? What is it doing?

Any questions? Need some help?
cenunix

The amc script is stuck after listing input files? What is it doing?

Post by cenunix »

I’m currently using filebot-node, running my filebot amc command inside the docker container. I’ve noticed that logging hangs at some points, specifically after all the inputs are listed (I have a lot of files, probably around 7000 that are remote storage) logging seems to stop for hours. I’m assuming filebot is in the “matching” phase? Or something else where the logs have totally stopped, it’s a bit disconcerting though, as sometimes filebot will complete fine, other times it will run for 5-6+ hours without any logs. Which makes it hard for me to discern what’s actually happening, is there any way I can turn on more verbose logs so I can see what’s going on this whole time I’m waiting? Thx (also note I used the -no-xattr flag for speeding up the remote file system)
rednoah
The Source

Re: More verbose logs?

Post by rednoah »

:?: Please provide filebot -script fn:sysinfo output so we can check if your machine is powerful enough for the task at hand. Please read How to Request Help for details.

:?: Please post the logs that you do have so we can guess what it might be doing at the time. Please use pastebin.com for large log files.

:idea: Based on the limited information above, my best guess is that it's stuck at separating Movie files from Episode files. This can be extremely fast and efficient, or extremely slow, depending on how your files are organized, and may or may not require reading file contents. So you want to explicitly set Movie Mode or Series Mode depending on the files at hand. This means that you will want to process movies and TV series episodes in separate filebot commands.
rednoah wrote: 01 Aug 2012, 13:04 You can (and should) force Movie / Series / Anime mode by setting --def ut_label
e.g. Force Movie Mode

Shell: Select all

--def ut_label=Movie
e.g. Force Episode Mode

--def ut_label=TV

:!: -no-xattr does not speed up the process. Not having xattr metadata readily available will however slow down the process if you ever process files again in the future. Please read Optimizations for Remote File Systems for details.
rednoah wrote: 13 Aug 2020, 16:33
rednoah wrote: 05 Nov 2016, 14:58 FileBot uses Icon MediaInfo to read properties like {vc}, {ac}, {channels}, {resolution}, etc from the container file.
FileBot does parse file headers to read embedded media properties. This will be relatively fast since MediaInfo will only read the first few megabytes of each file, but if File I/O is expensive or just slow, then you'll want to configure FileBot to not parse embedded media properties at all.

Disable media parser per call via the -no-probe command-line flag:

-no-probe

:arrow: Please read Developer Options / Java System Properties for advanced settings including debug log levels. Note that if you're viewing very large logs generated by detailed debug logging through your browser via FileBot Node then your browser will likely crash and stop responding.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.