"Stephen Colbert" vs "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert"

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
miggy

"Stephen Colbert" vs "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert"

Post by miggy »

Hello,

The following script fails to match. My logs show that the same input used to work. (The script changed slightly only to support the Apr 28 changes.) I also tried the UI with TVDB, and got the same results, ruling out the db as the issue. The version is 5.0.3 and also 5.1.

Script:

Code: Select all

-script fn:amc --output "D:\\Finished DLs" --action move --conflict index -non-strict "D:\\Finished DLs\\TV" --log-file "D:\\Finished DLs\\amc_TV.log"  --def skipExtract=y clean=y seriesFormat="{plex}"
Latest Log:

Run script [fn:amc] at [Wed Oct 04 10:22:33 CDT 2023]
Parameter: skipExtract = y
Parameter: clean = y
Parameter: seriesFormat = {plex}
Argument[0]: D:\Finished DLs\TV
Input: D:\Finished DLs\TV\Stephen.Colbert.2023.10.03.John.Oliver.1080p.WEB.h264-EDITH[eztv.re].mkv
Group: {Series=Stephen Colbert} => [Stephen.Colbert.2023.10.03.John.Oliver.1080p.WEB.h264-EDITH[eztv.re].mkv]
Rename episodes using [TheMovieDB] with [Airdate Order]
Lookup via [] [Stephen Colbert]
Fetching episode data for [Tooning Out the News]
└─ 128 episodes
Fetching episode data for [Stephen Colbert Presents Tooning Out the News]
└─ 23 episodes
[MOVE] from [D:\Finished DLs\TV\Stephen.Colbert.2023.10.03.John.Oliver.1080p.WEB.h264-EDITH[eztv.re].mkv] to [D:\Finished DLs\TV Shows\Tooning Out the News\Season 01\Tooning Out the News - S01E03 - BIG NEWS (Rep. Eric Swalwell).1.mkv]
Back when it worked:

Run script [fn:amc] at [Tue May 02 03:14:26 CDT 2023]
Input: D:\Finished DLs\TV\Stephen.Colbert.2023.05.01.James.Marsden.1080p.WEB.h264-EDITH[rarbg]\Stephen.Colbert.2023.05.01.James.Marsden.1080p.WEB.h264-EDITH.mkv
Group: {Series=stephen colbert} => [Stephen.Colbert.2023.05.01.James.Marsden.1080p.WEB.h264-EDITH.mkv]
Rename episodes using [TheTVDB] with [Airdate]
Lookup via [stephen colbert]
Fetching episode data for [The Late Show with Stephen Colbert]
└─ 1432 episodes
└─ 255 episodes
[MOVE] from [D:\Finished DLs\TV\Stephen.Colbert.2023.05.01.James.Marsden.1080p.WEB.h264-EDITH[rarbg]\Stephen.Colbert.2023.05.01.James.Marsden.1080p.WEB.h264-EDITH.mkv] to [D:\Finished DLs\TV Shows\The Late Show with Stephen Colbert\Season 08\The Late Show with Stephen Colbert - S08E107 - James Marsden, Joy Oladokun, Nicolas Cage.mkv]
Is it perhaps this difference?:

vs

Lookup via [stephen colbert]
Thanks in advance!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Mismatch with either TVDB or MovieDB for Series

Post by rednoah »

You seem to be comparing to different files / episodes at two different times. The difference is most likely the information available at the time.

:!: Interpreting "Stephen Colbert" as "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert" could certainly be an issue though. That series name alias may or may not exist in the database, and may or may not have been added / removed at certain points in time. I'll look into it.

:idea: Notably, the GUI works, though it does ask to confirm the correct Stephen Colbert show, since both of them are Stephen Colbert shows, one starts with "Stephen Colbert" in the alias name, the other one ends with "Stephen Colbert" in the main title:
Screenshot Screenshot

:arrow: "Stephen Colbert" might be a prime candidate for selecting and processing separately. See How do I process specific files with specific command-line options? for details.

EDIT:

I've added "Stephen Colbert" as alias name so it might work better in the future:
https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/63770-lat ... ive_titles

EDIT 2:

:!: The change is most likely a change in weights that prevent "ALF: The Animated Series" vs "Star Trek: The Animated Series" (0.71 similarity) mismatches but also prevent "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert" vs "Stephen Colbert" (0.61 similarity) seemingly-dissimilar-but-actually-correct matches. The solution is nevertheless to make FileBot aware of the "Stephen Colbert" alias name.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
miggy

Re: "Stephen Colbert" vs "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert"

Post by miggy »

Thanks for the quick response.

Oddly, neither TVDB nor TMDB was giving the confirmation prompt in the UI yesterday. Both are now. So that is progress...

However, after excluding the wrong options, the script is still failing to match "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert".

-script fn:amc --filter "!(n in lines('D:\\Finished DLs\\excludedTV.txt'))" --output "D:\Finished DLs" --action move --conflict index -non-strict "D:\Finished DLs\TV" --log-file "D:\Finished DLs\amc_TV.log"  --def skipExtract=y clean=y seriesFormat="{plex}"

Run script [fn:amc] at [Thu Oct 05 08:58:46 CDT 2023]
Parameter: seriesFormat = {plex}
Input: D:\Finished DLs\TV\Stephen.Colbert.2023.10.04.Anderson.Cooper.1080p.WEB.h264-EDITH[eztv.re].mkv
Group: {Series=stephen colbert} => [Stephen.Colbert.2023.10.04.Anderson.Cooper.1080p.WEB.h264-EDITH[eztv.re].mkv]
Rename episodes using [TheMovieDB] with [Airdate Order]
* Tooning Out the News [97753] | 128 episodes | 1x01-07 .. 2x01-121
Fetching episode data for [Stephen Colbert Presents Tooning Out the News]
* Tooning Out the News [97753] | 128 episodes | 1x01-07 .. 2x01-121
* Stephen Colbert Presents Tooning Out the News [225033] | 23 episodes | 1x01-23
Apply filter [!(n in lines('D:\\Finished DLs\\excludedTV.txt'))] on [151] options
Exclude [Tooning Out the News - 1x01 - BIG NEWS (Olivia Nuzzi)]
{{{ Removed repetitive/unuseful entries }}}
Exclude [Stephen Colbert Presents Tooning Out the News - 1x23 - May 3, 2023 - Kal Penn]
[0] options remaining
* Consider using --filter "true" to disable your filter if your filter has unexpectedly excluded all potential matches
Failed to identify or process any files
Finished without processing any files
Failure (×_×)⌒☆
It seems like the real match is not even an option from the CL...

Thanks!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Try again a week later. It'll work once the newly added alias name trickles down.

Alternatively, you can always use --q to force the series name or series ID.
miggy

Post by miggy »

I'll be patient and wait....thanks!

In the meantime, I will check out the file-specific options. The challenge is that I would have to start running a series of scripts rather than just one. Perhaps not such a big deal, but over time could end up running many different scripts to process these edge cases. ...I think I'll just be patient :) Thanks again!!
miggy

Post by miggy »

Looks like the alias has taken effect.

Thanks for the support!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Cheers! Thank your reporting back!