Do I have to buy Filebot again?

Support for Windows users
randyest

Do I have to buy Filebot again?

Post by randyest »

I bought a filebot license several years ago. It has worked for at least 3 years, so I assumed it was a one-time purchase. I recently built a new PC and downloaded filebot, but I don't see any way to restore my purchase or license. I don't mind paying extra if there are many updates or something, but I'd think I'd get some credit for my previous $21 purchase. Please let me know what my options are. I did search here on this forum, reddit, and google, but I didn't find an answer.

Thank you.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Do I have to buy Filebot again?

Post by rednoah »

:?: Did you purchase FileBot from the Microsoft Store by any chance?
rednoah wrote: 28 Aug 2022, 03:44 :!: If you have purchased FileBot via the Microsoft Store or Mac App Store then you must log into the Store with your Store Account and install FileBot via the Store. You notably cannot use the installer packages downloaded from this website as they require a universal license key.

:arrow: Please uninstall all versions of FileBot that you may have installed, and then only install FileBot via the Microsoft Store. Your purchase is managed by Microsoft and stored in your Microsoft account. Please read How do I restore my Microsoft Store or Mac App Store purchase? for details.

Screenshot
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
randyest

Re: Do I have to buy Filebot again?

Post by randyest »

That was the problem. I installed it from the MS Store and I'm all set. I've since also found your post on this; sorry for making a new thread. Thanks for your great support as always.