Filebot not recalculating file crc even if the file is changed

Any questions? Need some help?
lemon389

Filebot not recalculating file crc even if the file is changed

Post by lemon389 »

Hello,

I'm actually facing a problem related to CRCs.

Background:
The CRCs of my files originally were calculated correctly with it's external subs. Today, I merged all subs into the the movie file to avoid having multiple files in my directory.

Problem:
I open these new files (similarly named) to filebot, but, the CRC is not recalculated, the old one is preserved.
I double check in SFV, and, it stated the CRC is wrong.

Question:
How can I force the CRC recalculation?

Note:
I tried to remove the crc via the filebot, and, afterwards writing the crc, but, it seems that the program remembers the original CRC for optimization purposes.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Filebot not recalculating file crc even if the file is changed

Post by rednoah »

:?: What are the file paths you are working with? What format are you using? Please read How to Request Help.

:idea: If you file name says Anime_01_[01234567].mkv then the {crc32} binding will copy the CRC32 checksum from the file name.

:idea: FileBot will also store the CRC32 checksum to xattr metadata if the CRC32 is calculated from the file content. This value is however invalidated if the file is modified, i.e. changing the Last-Modified timestamp will force CRC recalculation.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
lemon389

Post by lemon389 »

Hello,

Here are the details.

Full file path:
c:\Media\_Temp\Anime\Series (2023) {anidb-00001}\Series - E01 [1-1] - Episode 1 [1080p][x264][AAC2.0][16F3620D].mkv

Preset:

Groovy: Select all

{drive}/{'Media'}/{'_Temp'}/{anime ? 'Anime' : 'TV Shows'}/{primarytitle.upperInitial().lowerTrail().replaceAll(/[`´‘’ʻ""“”]/, "'").replaceAll(/[:|]/, " - ").replaceAll(/[?]/, "!").replaceAll(/[*\s]+/, " ")} {"($y)"} {"{anidb-$id}"} {fn.match(/Uncensored|Sin Censura|UNCEN/) ? '[Uncensored]' : null}/{anime ? {"[Fansub]"} : null} {primarytitle.upperInitial().lowerTrail().replaceAll(/[`´‘’ʻ""“”]/, "'").replaceAll(/[:|]/, " - ").replaceAll(/[?]/, "!").replaceAll(/[*\s]+/, " ")} - {s00e00} - {t.upperInitial().lowerTrail().replaceAll(/[`´‘’ʻ""“”]/, "'").replaceAll(/[:|]/, " - ").replaceAll(/[?]/, "!").replaceAll(/[*\s]+/, " ")} {[vs]}{tags}{"[$vf]"}{"[$vc]"}{"[$acf]"}{[crc32]}{'.'+lang}

As you said, probably this is the reason:
" If you file name says Anime_01_[01234567].mkv then the {crc32} binding will copy the CRC32 checksum from the file name."

But, I used filebot to remove all the crc info from the titles (after I merged my files) removing the {crc} from the preset, and then, tried to add {crc} again, but, it was not recalculated.

Summary:
1. I had a *.mkv file with two *.srt subs, I used filebot to rename the three files and have matching names for them, {crc} was in preset and calculated for first time, this files did not had any crc in its title, crc calculation was OK.
2. I used mkvmerge to merge the subs into the video files, and, the file was changed and renamed, the string 'dual_subtitles' was appended at the end of the file (before file extension).
3. I use filebot again to rename the file correctly, and, I expected that filebot would recalculate the crc as the file was changed, at this point the file was named somethig like: [Fansub] Series - E01 [1-6] - Episode 01 [1080p][x264][AAC2.0][B9F8DCEF]_dual_subtitles.mkv

Expectation:
My expectation was that the crc would be recalculated as the file was changed, now I understand that it do not.

Question:
How can I force a {crc} recalculation for these files?
Note: For some files I already removed the {crc} with filebot, but, I believe that this data is now in the xattr metadata.

Thanks for your support!

System info:

Groovy: Select all

FileBot 5.1.1 (r9982)
JNA Native: 6.1.4
MediaInfo: 23.07
7-Zip-JBinding: 16.02
Tools: fpcalc/1.5.0 mkvpropedit/77.0
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2023-09-10 (r939)
Groovy: 4.0.14
JRE: OpenJDK Runtime Environment 17.0.8
JVM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 12 Core / 8 GB Max Memory / 173 MB Used Memory
STORAGE: NTFS [(C:)] @ 380 GB | NTFS [DataVol4] @ 9 TB | NTFS [DataVol5] @ 9 TB | NTFS [DataVol2] @ 3.7 TB | NTFS [DataVol3] @ 2.6 TB
DATA: C:\Users\lemon\AppData\Roaming\FileBot
Package: MSI
License: FileBot License PX51386286 (Valid-Until: 2073-07-11)

rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

lemon389 wrote: 13 Oct 2023, 16:58 But, I used filebot to remove all the crc info from the titles (after I merged my files) removing the {crc} from the preset, and then, tried to add {crc} again, but, it was not recalculated.
{crc32} may also be based on the original file name before renaming. FileBot stores the original name to xattr metadata so that information is still available after renaming.

:arrow: You can use f.CRC32 to calculate the checksum from the file contents at format time:

Format: Select all

{ f.CRC32 }
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
lemon389

Post by lemon389 »

Thanks a lot for your support!
Worked great!