How to Proccess Custom Psoters with FileBot Watcher?

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
hama4reall

How to Proccess Custom Psoters with FileBot Watcher?

Post by hama4reall »

Hi, I'm Wondering if there's a way i can process my Custom Posters thats in the same folder as the videos.
So i have set up a folder thats been synced by syncthing between my backup and main server and I'm uploading stuffs to the backup server then it goes to the main server what i upload is videos of movies and tvshows alongside my custom posters for them. but filebot watcher skipps them since it recognizes them as a jpg/image. so how i can overwrite that and tell it to organize the posters too.
also i'm thinking i could name the posters just like the videos but add a
-poster
in the end of the poster, would that work? also for tv shows i just have custom poster for the tv show itself not for seasons or episode and i have the videos like so

Code: Select all

Show.Name
├── Show.Name.S01E01.1080p.mp4
├── Show.Name.S01E02.1080p.mp4
├── Show.Name.S01E03.1080p.mp4
├── Show.Name.S01E04.1080p.mp4
└── Show.Name-poster.jpg
whould this work?
rednoah
The Source

Re: How to Proccess Custom Psoters with FileBot Watcher?

Post by rednoah »

:idea: FileBot will process *-poster.jpg by default if they're already well-named. See Companion Files for details.

:arrow: You can copy along arbitrarily named companion files via --apply post-processing features › Import companion files but you may have to run additional custom code to make the *.jpg name conform to the video file name.

:!: The amc script notably cannot process standalone image files. You would have to write your own custom code for that, and you would have to create your own filebot-watcher docker that uses your own custom code.

:arrow: You'll probably want to adjust your process and only move files into your watch folder once you have already added the *-poster.jpg file. Alternatively, you could use --apply post-processing features › Fetch cover images fetch movie / series posters automatically.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.