FileBot Can't Create Hardlink at the same Volume in Podman

Support for unRAID and docker container users
hama4reall

FileBot Can't Create Hardlink at the same Volume in Podman

Post by hama4reall »

Hi! I've run Official FileBot-Xpra & FileBot-Watcher Containers From https://github.com/filebot/filebot-dock ... ot-watcher as a non-root user on Podman. I've been using them just fine until i decided to use hardlink instead of default Duplicate Behavior of the Watcher and I'm facing

Code: Select all

Invalid cross-device link
so i investigate in the issue and realized that i have two volumes

volumes:
      - ${HOME}/files:/files
      - ${HOME}/Media:/Media
for the input and the output which is not possible to create hardlink in two diffrent volumes so i combines the two to

volumes:
      - ${HOME}:/Home
and pointed the input and output to there folders which both of them is on the same filesystem but stil i'm getting

Invalid cross-device link
Here's my FileBot-Watcher Docker Compose File

services:
  filebot:
    container_name: filebot-watcher
    image: rednoah/filebot:watcher
    restart: unless-stopped
    environment:
      - SETTLE_DOWN_TIME=250
      - 'INOTIFYWAIT_OPTS=--recursive'
    volumes:
      - ${HOME}/FileBot:/data
    command: /Home/files --output /Home/Media --def jellyfin=XXXXXXXX --conflict auto --action hardlink --def minLengthMS=0 --def minFileSize=1000 --def excludeList=amc.txt --def movieFormat="/Media/{f.path.match(/Badini/).upperInitial()}/{hd==/UHD/?'4KMovies':'Movies'}/{any{f.path.match(/Short/).upperInitial()}{anime?'Anime':''}{genres=~/Animation/?'Animation':''}{f.path.match(/Documentary/).upperInitial()}{genre=~/Documentary/?'Documentary':''}{info.OriginalLanguage.toLocale().displayLanguage}}/{~jellyfin.id}" seriesFormat="/Media/{f.path.match(/Badini/).upperInitial()}/{hd==/UHD/?'4KShows':'Shows'}/{any{anime?'Anime':''}{genres=~/Animation/?'Animation':''}{f.path.match(/Documentary/).upperInitial()}{genre=~/Documentary/?'Documentary':''}{info.OriginalLanguage.toLocale().displayLanguage}}/{~jellyfin.id}" animeFormat="/Media/{f.path.match(/Badini/).upperInitial()}/{hd==/UHD/?'4KShows':'Shows'}/{any{file.path.match(/Anime/).upperInitial()}{anime?'Anime':''}}/{~jellyfin.id}" musicFormat="/Media/Music/{~plex}" unsortedFormat="/Media/Unsorted/{fn}" --def movieDB=TheMovieDB seriesDB=TheMovieDB::TV animeDB=TheMovieDB::TV musicDB=ID3
and my FileBot-Xpra Docker Compose File

version: '3.3'
services:
  filebot:
    container_name: filebot-xpra
    image: rednoah/filebot:xpra
    restart: unless-stopped
    volumes:
      - ${HOME}/FileBot:/data
    ports:
      - 15454:5454
    environment:
      - XPRA_AUTH=password:value=*******
and the log for the Xpra:
https://pastebin.com/raw/kuSpT6Vd

also Watcher log:
https://pastebin.com/FUTxYwMi
rednoah
The Source

Re: FileBot Can't Create Hardlink at the same Volume in Podman

Post by rednoah »

If you're using docker, then you need to ensure that the source / destination file is on the same volume AND on the same volume from inside the docker container. As far software running inside the container is concerned, each bind mount is a separate physical volume, even if this is not so on the host.

:arrow: Please read Notes on --action MOVE and --action HARDLINK for details.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
hama4reall

Re: FileBot Can't Create Hardlink at the same Volume in Podman

Post by hama4reall »

You're Righ, I just Realized that after combining the two volumes to /Home i forgot to change the Format Accordingly, Now i Fixed it and Thank you :)