renaming Anime

Any questions? Need some help?
Sabi

renaming Anime

Post by Sabi »

hi, is there a reliable way to rename anime? the AMC script only works 2/3 of the time because fansub groups tend to name anime the wrong way.
for example:

Heikyuu!! S3 -6-
should be:
Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou -6-

Bungou Stray Dogs -20-
should be:
Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season or 2016 -8-

Mobile Suite Gundam: Iron Orphans -34-
should be:
Mobile Suite Gundam: Iron Orphans 2nd Season -8-

just to name a few examples from the currently airing season. i use the following script as a workaround, but at some point, episodes will be overridden

script:

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:renall "E:\Media" -non-strict --db AniDB --filter "age < 7" & filebot -script fn:renall "E:\Media" -non-strict --db TheTVDB --format "E:\Media\{n}/Season {s.pad(2)}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t}" --filter "age < 7 || !model.any{ it.age < 7 }"
is there a chance that filebot checks against different databases? for example the Taiga.moe app uses a db to redirect wrong naming schemes and fetches the data from myanimelist or hummingbird and displays the correct anime title and episode afterward in their app. is something like this planned for the future or is it possible to use it right now with filebot?
rednoah
The Source

Re: renaming Anime

Post by rednoah »

Renaming badly named anime to some standard naming scheme or converting between databases is inherently ambiguous and tricky. Best to do it semi-manually in the GUI.

In this case, the file doesn't match AniDB data at all, so matching against TheTVDB Absolute Numbers would make more sense:

Code: Select all

filebot . -rename --db TheTVDB --order Absolute
Rename episodes using [TheTVDB]
Auto-detected query: [iron blooded orphans]
Fetching episode data for [Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans]
[MOVE] Rename [Iron Blooded Orphans 34.mp4] to [Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans - 34 - Vidar Rising.mp4]
@see viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2769

& and && are not the same! Using & to run two filebot instances in parallel makes no sense. I think you mean && which is the and-operator you want.

Additional databases that only benefit a very small number of users, while making things more complex and potentially less reliable, is not planned.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Sabi

Post by Sabi »

1 & 3) well i don't know about programming, i thought you "only" have to check against the text file that the Taiga app provides and fetch the new data. wrongly named anime should all be listed there and are mapped to myanimelist and hummingbird id´s.

maybe it is possible to get the data directly from Taiga without the step above?

as you can see here, Taiga fetches the right data for the anime and updates the anime title and episode number.

Taiga provides the option to create folders/subfolders with the updated anime title. Taiga can't create folders or rename files, the information is somehow passed to the torrent client and the torrent client creates the folder. someone told me that is done via the command line.

here are the 3 folders it created for the examples i mentioned in my first post.

now i obviously don't know how this works and if Filebot can get the information instead of the torrent client. maybe there is even a different solution?
for example renaming based on the parent folder, this way the name is correct, but there is still the problem with the episode number.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I've never heard of Taiga, looks nice though. Unfortunately I'm can't support special solutions for each and every somewhat related 3rd party program. Taiga says it doesn't support AniDB so using AniDB in FileBot most certainly won't work well if the data you have matches another database.

There's a few things that you can do on the command line with --q and --filter if you already have certain pieces of information (e.g. series name, series id, episode number).

Any sort of code specifically designed to integrate with Taiga will have to be written and maintained as a 3rd party script, or if somehow Taiga calling FileBot makes sense that that'll have to go through the standard CLI that is used by all the other 3rd party programs that call FileBot on completed downloads.
Sabi

Post by Sabi »

1) it works perfectly fine, the anime titles are almost always the same and adding a new alternative title on anidb shouldn't be a big deal. i don't really have a choice here anyway, because of Kodi (anidb) + fansub groups (random anime titles), but it is understandable that you can't add support for everything.

so, the best way in my case is to run Filebot without checking anidb or tvdb and just remove everything except the anime title and number? this way i have the same problems but at least everything will end up in the right place and nothing will be overridden.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Well, if you need naming according to AniDB for Kodi then you need to use AniDB in the end.

I'd use the GUI to organize all the file you have, and use manual matching if necessary.

For new additions, assuming you download new episodes right away, using --filter "age < 5" will almost certainly give you the right match even if the numbers don't match at all.
Sabi

Post by Sabi »

With Taiga i shouldn't have to organize anime anymore. The folders/subfolder with the updated anime title will be created
by the torrent client and the files will be moved into the right folder automatically. I only download anime, so i don't have to worry
about TV-Shows and Movies.

I used to use --filter "age < 7" it works great for currently airing anime (pretty much 100% of the time) but comes with a huge problem. It will override
episodes under certain circumstances, i don't have much control over. I give you an example from the currently airing season:

Mobile Suite Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans 2nd Season is airing right now, but at the same time, the BD from the previous season is released.
Therefore the BD release will override the last episode because of the filter. This happens quite often.

Is it possible to force Filebot to rename episode numbers in a certain way? Let´s say i have these files in a folder:

animeTitle -26-
animeTitle -30-
animeTitle -31-

I want Filebot to treat the lowest number as episode 1 and do the math from there. At the end it should look something like this:

animeTitle -1-
animeTitle -4-
animeTitle -5-
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You can set your --filter to also exclude BD releases in addition to all episodes older than 7 days.

This thread might help you batch rename files according to your custom rules:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2072
Sabi

Post by Sabi »

thx a lot.

i might have found a better solution for anime. Shoko is able to rename folders and files based on aniDB hash values,
should be 100% accurate all the time.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yes, using known hashes is certainly much more reliable if it works. Depending on which release groups (and whether or not those release groups submit their hashes to AniDB) you're dealing with it may or may not work.