convert anidb to tvdb to tmdb recursively

Talk about the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything
MasterCATZ

convert anidb to tvdb to tmdb recursively

Post by MasterCATZ »

pretty much Kodi dumped anidb that I used for all my naming and now need to convert from anidb to tvdb or tmdb

what is a way to bulk do this ?

I am currently even thinking about having each file naming in its own db folder as neither tvdb or tmdb are perfect for Anime
so I might have to manually add each folder into kodi depending on how the scraper handles it

ie)from /Anime/names
to
/Anime/anidb/names
/Anime/tvdb/names
/Anime/tmdb/names

but still thinking about how I will keep the time stamps (needed to stop scraper rescanning every darn folder for an entire day )
I am just renaming symlink files the original files sit on seedbox's

then their is the plex / jellyfin saga after I get kodi working again
rednoah
The Source

Re: convert anidb to tvdb to tmdb recursively

Post by rednoah »

The task at hand is very difficult. AniDB / TMDB episode information does not match 1:1 so be prepared to figure things out for each series one by one. If you're lucky, most will just work.

:arrow: [Anime] Convert Absolute to SxE numbers will get you started. The Anime-Lists/anime-lists project provides mapping information for AniDB ⇆ TheTVDB episode numbers.

:arrow: I recommend using Presets in the Desktop application since you will want to double-check matches one by one:
rednoah wrote: 03 Dec 2015, 17:36 Please read [Anime] Convert Absolute to SxE numbers thoroughly if you want to match files with AniDB naming and numbering and rename them with TheTVDB naming and numbering:

Format: Select all

{ db.TheTVDB.plex.name }
Screenshot
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.