Movie Formats - Can they be removed?

Support for Windows users
ChefGregS

Movie Formats - Can they be removed?

Post by ChefGregS »

I have made some changes to the movie formats that I use. Can I delete the old ones that I no longer use so they don't show up in the list anymore? I require (currently) 4 different formats so different drives can be used when I need them. I made some changes that didn't work and once I figured out the issue I corrected them. But now I have 13 formats in my list but only need and want 4.

Thanks as always!

Greg
rednoah
The Source

Re: Movie Formats - Can they be removed?

Post by rednoah »

If you mean Presets then you can click Edit Preset ➔ Delete Preset.

ScreenshotScreenshotScreenshot

:idea: The "Recent Formats" quick-switch feature in the Format Editor is limited to your most recent 8 formats.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
ChefGregS

Post by ChefGregS »

Sorry, I should have been more clear. The actual naming format. For example, one of mine:

Format: Select all

{n =~ 'P90X' ? 'M:/Workouts' : n =~ 'X-Rated' ? 'M:/Movies P' : vf == /2160p/ ? 'N:/Movies 4K' : vf == /1440p/ ? 'N:/Movies 2K' : vf =~ /1080p|720p/ ? 'S:/HD Movies 2' : 'M:/Movies'}/{n.upperInitial().colon(' - ').replace('?', '!')} {' (' + fn.matchAll(/swesub|korsubs|deleted.scenes|extended|uncensored|remastered|unrated|uncut|directors.cut|special.edition|redux|UHD|theatrical/)*.upperInitial()*.lowerTrail().sort().join(', ').replaceAll(/[._]/, " ") + ')'} {any{' Part '+pi}{null}|uncut|director} ({y}) {fn.match(/3D/)}/{n.upperInitial().colon(' - ').replace('?', '!')} {' (' + fn.matchAll(/swesub|korsubs|deleted.scenes|extended|uncensored|remastered|unrated|uncut|directors.cut|special.edition|redux|UHD|theatrical/)*.upperInitial()*.lowerTrail().sort().join(', ').replaceAll(/[._]/, " ") + ')'} {any{' Part '+pi}{null}} [{y}, {any{csv('M:/replacecert1.csv').get(certification)}{certification}{"NR"} }, {runtime} Min] {[actors.take(3).join(', ')]} {[genres.take(3).join(', ')]} [{fn.match(/3D/)+', '}{"$vf, $ac@$af"}]{subt}
So I choose a format based on which drives I wish to use (N:, Y: for 4K & 2K or M:, S:, Y: for HD) so actually now I need 6 of them but with the new ones and a couple mistakes I have more. I'd have sworn I counted 13 but I was counting those and the TV ones ....been one of those days...LOL I'd like to remove all the 'formats' that I no longer want or need.

Greg
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:idea: If you are talking about the Icon Recent Formats feature in the Format Editor, then that will always show the most recently confirmed formats. It'll remember the most recent 8 formats for each format type. There is no (easy) way to remove selected recent format items. You can only reset all user settings.

:arrow: If you have different use cases where you use different formats, then you will want to create a Preset for each of those use cases and then click the one you want depending on the use case at hand, instead of switching default formats back and forth.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
ChefGregS

Post by ChefGregS »

rednoah wrote: 04 Dec 2023, 06:24 :idea: If you are talking about the Icon Recent Formats feature in the Format Editor, then that will always show the most recently confirmed formats. It'll remember the most recent 8 formats for each format type. There is no (easy) way to remove selected recent format items. You can only reset all user settings.

:arrow: If you have different use cases where you use different formats, then you will want to create a Preset for each of those use cases and then click the one you want depending on the use case at hand, instead of switching default formats back and forth.
That's exactly what I want to do so I will start using that feature. Thank you as always...

Greg