Is Certification no longer valid? (using TheTVDB)

Support for Windows users
vballrican
Donor

Is Certification no longer valid? (using TheTVDB)

Post by vballrican »

Hi, i haven't had issues in a while until now. I'm on the latest FileBot and when i try to rename series files, the certification (PG, PG-13, etc) is not being parsed into the folder names as i have it. How can i fix it?

This is what i have:

Format: Select all

/Processed/{n} [{certification}, {genre}, {y}]/{'Season ' +s}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t.replaceAll(/[!?.]+$/).replaceAll(/[`´‘’ʻ]/, /'/).replacePart(', Part $1')} ({megabytes}MB)({minutes}Min)({airdate.format("MM-dd-yyyy")})
Thanks.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Is Certification no longer valid?

Post by rednoah »

:?: Which database are you using? Which series are you testing with?

:idea: {certification} is confirmed to work at this point in time on the current release for Firefly {tmdb-1437} and yield TV-14 in that test case.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
vballrican
Donor

Post by vballrican »

The TVDB and i have tried 5 different series...
A Galaxy Next Door [, Animation, 2023]
Am I Actually the Strongest [, Animation, 2023]
BNA [, Animation, 2020]
Chainsaw Man [, Animation, 2022]

etc

Can you please try an anime series? doesn't work for me.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

{certification} fundamentally works if the information is available. Tested with Firefly {tvdb-78874}.

Chainsaw Man {tvdb-397934} indeed does not work. Maybe this piece of information hasn't been entered yet, or is no longer supported, at least it's not visible nor editable on the website:
https://thetvdb.com/series/chainsaw-man

:arrow: If you need {certification} to work reliably (or at least allow you to add the missing information if need be) then you will need to switch to TMDB.
vballrican
Donor

Re: Is Certification no longer valid? (using TheTVDB)

Post by vballrican »

Ok. thanks. I tried with TVDB, TMDB, ANIdb, and TVMaze... none of the 5 shows got {certification} information.. :(

myanimelist shows rating for all these shows.. don't know why the DBs are missing it..
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I now see the issue. I doesn't work for shows where the certification is not available in the origin country, as {certification} will give you the certification from the origin country, which is not necessarily the US.

:arrow: You can access the US certification explicitly like so:

{ info.certifications.US }
vballrican
Donor

Post by vballrican »

Ok. but this used to work with no issues.. been using it since i got FileBot.

I just changed that setting and still not getting any certification... i do see an error on the top of the edit format page:
Binding "media": Failed to read media info: Binding "file": undefined
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:?: Are you testing with TheTVDB or TMDB now?

:arrow: Use { info.certifications } to check country codes for your selected database. TVDB notably does not use standard country codes. The US snippet above is only tested for TMDB.

:idea: Binding "media": Failed to read media info: Binding "file": undefined means that you are testing a format that requires a file but you haven't yet setup a sample file for testing. If you test a format uses MediaInfo Bindings then you need a sample file for testing, otherwise bindings like {minutes} have nothing to work with. This is unrelated to the topic at hand.

EDIT:

If you're using TheTVDB then you need to adjust the format according to country codes uses by TheTVDB:

{ info.certifications.usa }
** Chainsaw Man {tvdb-397934} yields TV-MA in this case

EDIT 2:

FileBot r10159 makes changes to {certification} to prefer the content rating from (1) the preferred locale or (2) USA locale by default or (3) any origin country locale as a last resort.
vballrican
Donor

Post by vballrican »

Awesome! Thanks a lot for the response.. So i can just ignore the bindings thing right?

I will change the certification from .US to .usa and try again. and yes, i like using TVDB because it adds genre as opposed to the generic 'animation' added by TMDB. Thanks!
vballrican
Donor

Post by vballrican »

That worked!! :) One last thing, after i rename, it says something about adding attributes... it goes away so it's hard to see.. what is that and can i just ignore it?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

After renaming files, FileBot does a couple of things, one of which is storing xattr metadata for future reference. If any of these post-processing tasks take a while (normal if files are on a remote network drive) then a progress dialog will pop up until the task is complete.

:idea: Please read Metadata and Extended Attributes for details.
vballrican
Donor

Post by vballrican »

Great! Thank a lot! Hope you are well.