[BUG] Version 5.1.2 (r10125) Winx64, Series over 10 not matching correctly.

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
Grunter41

[BUG] Version 5.1.2 (r10125) Winx64, Series over 10 not matching correctly.

Post by Grunter41 »

Step 1 Run with FileBot (console) and copy the output.
I use GUI but the screenshot is uploaded as reuqested
Screenshot

Step 2 Open cmd and run sysinfo command (below) and grab the output from there as well.

Console Output: Select all

FileBot 5.1.2 (r10125)
JNA Native: 6.1.6
MediaInfo: 23.10
7-Zip-JBinding: 16.02
Tools: fpcalc/1.5.0
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2023-11-06 (r952)
Groovy: 4.0.15
JRE: OpenJDK Runtime Environment 17.0.8
JVM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 12 Core / 8 GB Max Memory / 
License: FileBot License REDACTED (Valid-Until: 2071-11-05)
Done ?(?????)?
The problem:
When using the GUI, Ive noticed now on several series, if the series number is over 10, the GUI wont interperate it correctly. Matching using The MovieDB episode mode.
For example here Season 13 defaults to 1. Same occurs for shows in seasons 20 and above.

I cn find the correct show by lolioking up manually in episodes but evenm if I try to use edit match it stops at season 9.
See screen shot here:
Screenshot

If i go to episoide finder I can see the coreect episode list.
Screenshot

I dont recall seeing this issue in earlier versions. I did try to search for a bug report and i apologise if this is a repeat of a known bug.
rednoah
The Source

Re: [BUG] Version 5.1.2 (r10125) Winx64, Series over 10 not matching correctly.

Post by rednoah »

If Episode 13x02 does not exist in the episode list that FileBot is working with, then it'll match the "next best thing" so the first bit makes sense. There actually being an Episode 13x02 in Episodes is a useful clue. That would suggest that something is different? Perhaps you're using a different episode order?

:!: There only being 9 seasons in DVD order would suggest that you have inadvertently configured FileBot to use Episode Order: DVD which is not the order that you want to use for this file:
https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/39793-cal ... 0039bb2f6e

:arrow: Please switch back to standard Airdate Order and try again.

Screenshot
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Grunter41

Post by Grunter41 »

Well firstly thank you for the rapid reply.
You were (unsurprisingly) 100% correct that i had somehow set it to match to DVD instead of airdate.
I dont know if I can delete the post or retilte it to "Problem occurs between keyboard and chair" but thank you for the fix.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

It's fine. The next person might stumble on this thread via a Google search and learn something. It's an exemplary bug report including screenshots, system information, etc. Others can learn from that at the very least! Somewhat misleading bug report titles are normal since we never know what the root cause is until we figure what the root cause is. It sometimes isn't what we think at first. :lol:

EDIT:

I will look into adding an Episode Order combobox into the Edit Match dialog though. If it's not too big / too ugly then it would be good to have an order indicator / selector there as well.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.