Force relative symlinks in a docker context where absolute symlinks don't work due to different file system views

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
giulian

Force relative symlinks in a docker context where absolute symlinks don't work due to different file system views

Post by giulian »

Hi i use since 2-3 years this script

Shell: Select all

docker exec filebot /opt/filebot/filebot -script fn:amc --action symlink -non-strict "/storage/torrents/" --conflict auto -non-strict --log-file amc.log --def movieFormat="/storage/Media/Movies/{fn}-{y}" --def seriesFormat="/storage/Media/TV Shows/{n}/Season {s}/{s00e00} - {t}" --def animeFormat="/storage/Media/Anime/{n}/Season {s}/{s00e00} - {t}" --def unsorted=n minFileSize=0 minLengthMS=0 music=n artwork=n --def clean=y --def excludeList=/config/amc-exclude-list.txt --def deleteAfterExtract=y "ut_dir=%F" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_title=%N" "ut_label=%L" --output /storage/Media
Suddently, since many week all movie are good but seriesFormat symlimk are bad, i need to adjust manually each simlink

for movie i have this good symlink generat by filebot:

../../torrents/[ Torrent911.cx ] Aquaman.And.The.Lost.Kingdom.2023.VFQ.HDrip.x264.mp4

For serie this bad one :

/storage/torrents/Percy.Jackson.and.the.Olympians.S01E05.MULTI.1080p.WEBRip.x265-Elcrackito.mkv

i need to modify manually by this :

../../../../torrents/Percy.Jackson.and.the.Olympians.S01E05.MULTI.1080p.WEBRip.x265-Elcrackito.mkv

Can someone help or explains me if something change in a new version and why i have suddenly bad lin for Series ?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Tv show script result change since many week

Post by rednoah »

:?: Do you want to explicitly generate relative symlinks for some reason?

:idea: Newer versions of FileBot will generate the shortest path. This may be the absolute path if the absolute path is shorter than then relative path. That's because generating relative paths that include the entire absolute path ../../../../<absolute path> is generally undesirable.

:idea: However, you want this for some reason, likely due to docker. I'd recommend mapping the host folder 1:1 into the container so that the file system looks the same for the purpose of creating symlinks and resolving symlinks from both host point-of-view as well as container point-of-view:

Code: Select all

-v /absolute/path/to/host/storage:/absolute/path/to/host/storage
** this will make absolute symlinks work across container and host; but the container will now probably create relative symlinks anyway since your /absolute/path/to/host/storage path is likely gonna be longer than the ../../../.. go-up-a-few-times relative path
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
giulian

Re: Force relative symlinks in a docker context where absolute symlinks don't work due to different file system views

Post by giulian »

Ok thanks for quick anwser, i just want it s running well :-)

so what i need to change exactly , my script or my docker volume ?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Force relative symlinks in a docker context where absolute symlinks don't work due to different file system views

Post by rednoah »

Re: docker volume mappings

Your docker command, assuming that you're using docker to launch docker containers. If you're using compose the then corresponding configuration file. In any case, somewhere you have a line that maps host path <some path> to /storage inside the container.

:?: How do you configure your docker container?

:?: When you use /storage inside the container, what real path is that on the host?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Re: qBT usage

:?: Note that your command also doesn't make sense. Do you occasionally read the log? What does the log say?

You pass in an input folder as if you call the command manually on the command-line:

/storage/torrents/
Yet you also pass in qBT variables as input as if you are having qBT generate and call commands on newly completed files:

"ut_dir=%F" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_title=%N" "ut_label=%L"
:?: Do you use qBT? If you use %F in your command then that command is expected to be interpreted by qBT first as "execute on download complete" hook, where qBT replaces %F with the path to the completed download.
giulian

Post by giulian »

I use Rutorrent
In filebot container storage folder are in the root so real path is /storage

my docker compose for filebot

version: '3'

services:
   filebot:
     container_name: filebot
     image: jlesage/filebot
     restart: unless-stopped
     volumes:
       - /home/SeedboxData:/storage:rw
       - /home/SeedboxConf/filebot:/config:rw
       - /home/SeedboxData/torrents:/watch:rw
       - /home/SeedboxData/Media:/output:rw
     environment:
       - PUID=1000
       - PGID=1000
       - AMC_ACTION= test
       - AMC_CONFLICT= auto
       - AMC_MATCH_MODE= opportunistic
       - AMC_MUSIC_FORMAT= {plex}
       - AMC_MOVIE_FORMAT= {plex}
       - AMC_SERIES_FORMAT= {plex}
       - AMC_ANIME_FORMAT= {plex}
       - AMC_INPUT_DIR= /watch
       - AMC_OUTPUT_DIR= /output
       - AMC_INTERVAL= 600
networks:
    default:
       external:
         name: webproxy
Log looks good

Run script [fn:amc] at [Thu Jan 25 19:28:01 UTC 2024]

[PSA] Important Discussion of Changes effective as of 28 Apr 2023:
https://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13406

Parameter: movieFormat = /storage/Media/Movies/{fn}-{y}
Parameter: seriesFormat = /storage/Media/TV Shows/{n}/Season {s}/{s00e00} - {t}
Parameter: animeFormat = /storage/Media/Anime/{n}/Season {s}/{s00e00} - {t}
Parameter: unsorted = n
Parameter: minFileSize = 0
Parameter: minLengthMS = 0
Parameter: music = n
Parameter: artwork = n
Parameter: clean = y
Parameter: excludeList = /config/amc-exclude-list.txt
Parameter: deleteAfterExtract = y
Parameter: ut_dir = %F
Parameter: ut_kind = multi
Parameter: ut_title = %N
Parameter: ut_label = %L
Argument[0]: /storage/torrents
Bad ut_dir value: %F
Bad ut_title value: %N
Bad ut_label value: %L
Use excludes: /config/amc-exclude-list.txt (2156)
Ignore extra: /storage/torrents/Game.of.Thrones.S08E01.FRENCH.720p.HDTV.x264-SH0W/Sample
Ignore hidden: /storage/torrents/Game.of.Thrones.S08E03.FRENCH.WEL-DL.480p-H264.AAC-ROLLED/.nfo
Ignore hidden: /storage/torrents/Vikings.SAISON.5.FRENCH.WEB-DL.480p-H264.AAC-ROLLED/.NFO
Input: /storage/torrents/[ Torrent911.cx ] Aquaman.And.The.Lost.Kingdom.2023.VFQ.HDrip.x264.mp4
Input: /storage/torrents/[ Torrent911.cx ] Percy.Jackson.and.the.Olympians.S01E06.FRENCH.WEBRip.x264.mp4
Input: /storage/torrents/[ Torrent911.cx ] The.Marvels.2023.Truefrench.HDRip.x264.mp4
Input: /storage/torrents/[ Torrent911.cx ] Wonka.2023.TRUEFRENCH.WEBRip.x264-ONLYMOViE.mkv
Group files by movie or series
Group: {Movie=Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom (2023), Series=null} => [[ Torrent911.cx ] Aquaman.And.The.Lost.Kingdom.2023.VFQ.HDrip.x264.mp4]
Group: {Series=Percy Jackson and the Olympians (2023)} => [[ Torrent911.cx ] Percy.Jackson.and.the.Olympians.S01E06.FRENCH.WEBRip.x264.mp4]
Group: {Movie=The Marvels (2023), Series=null} => [[ Torrent911.cx ] The.Marvels.2023.Truefrench.HDRip.x264.mp4]
Group: {Movie=Wonka (2023), Series=null} => [[ Torrent911.cx ] Wonka.2023.TRUEFRENCH.WEBRip.x264-ONLYMOViE.mkv]
Rename movies using [TheMovieDB]
Auto-detect movie from context [/storage/torrents/[ Torrent911.cx ] Aquaman.And.The.Lost.Kingdom.2023.VFQ.HDrip.x264.mp4]
Activate License [PX36171958] on [Thu Jan 25 19:28:18 UTC 2024]
[SYMLINK] from [/storage/torrents/[ Torrent911.cx ] Aquaman.And.The.Lost.Kingdom.2023.VFQ.HDrip.x264.mp4] to [/storage/Media/Movies/[ Torrent911.cx ] Aquaman.And.The.Lost.Kingdom.2023.VFQ.HDrip.x264-2023.mp4]
Processed 1 file
Rename episodes using [TheMovieDB] with [Airdate Order]
Lookup via [Percy Jackson and the Olympians] [Percy Jackson and the Olympians]
Fetching episode data for [Percy Jackson and the Olympians]
* Percy Jackson and the Olympians [103540] | 8 episodes | 1x01-08
[SYMLINK] from [/storage/torrents/[ Torrent911.cx ] Percy.Jackson.and.the.Olympians.S01E06.FRENCH.WEBRip.x264.mp4] to [/storage/Media/TV Shows/Percy Jackson and the Olympians/Season 1/S01E06 - We Take a Zebra to Vegas.mp4]
Processed 1 file
Auto-detect movie from context [/storage/torrents/[ Torrent911.cx ] The.Marvels.2023.Truefrench.HDRip.x264.mp4]
[SYMLINK] from [/storage/torrents/[ Torrent911.cx ] The.Marvels.2023.Truefrench.HDRip.x264.mp4] to [/storage/Media/Movies/[ Torrent911.cx ] The.Marvels.2023.Truefrench.HDRip.x264-2023.mp4]
Processed 1 file
Auto-detect movie from context [/storage/torrents/[ Torrent911.cx ] Wonka.2023.TRUEFRENCH.WEBRip.x264-ONLYMOViE.mkv]
[SYMLINK] from [/storage/torrents/[ Torrent911.cx ] Wonka.2023.TRUEFRENCH.WEBRip.x264-ONLYMOViE.mkv] to [/storage/Media/Movies/[ Torrent911.cx ] Wonka.2023.TRUEFRENCH.WEBRip.x264-ONLYMOViE-2023.mkv]
Processed 1 file
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:!: You are using the jlesage/filebot container, not one of ours, and that container forces you to use /storage as input path?

:?: Do you rely on the various behaviours that jlesage/filebot provides by default? Or do you just use the container to run docker exec filebot /opt/filebot/filebot -script fn:amc ... commands from the host? Have you considered just doing docker run ... rednoah/filebot -script fn:sysinfo ... commands instead?

:arrow: e.g. use the rednoah/filebot container to run filebot commands:

Shell: Select all

docker run --rm -it -v "/home/SeedboxData:/home/SeedboxData" -v data:/data rednoah/filebot -script fn:amc --action symlink -non-strict "/home/SeedboxData/torrents" --output "/home/SeedboxData/Media" --conflict auto -non-strict --log-file amc.log --def movieFormat="{plex}" seriesFormat="{plex}" animeFormat="{plex}" unsorted=n minFileSize=0 minLengthMS=0 music=n artwork=n clean=y excludeList="amc-exclude-list.txt" deleteAfterExtract=y

EDIT: FileBot r10179 improves absolute / relative symlink auto-detection logic.
giulian

Post by giulian »

Ok i change docker image and use you re now, it s seems to be better i just need to adjust some settings