OpenSubtitles

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
Joombler

OpenSubtitles

Post by Joombler »

I read somewhere that opensubtitles.org will not be continued and instead opensubtitles.com will take over instead. Is this true?
As this is software coded in Filebot, can you tell when you switch to that new URL? I ask for I have to create a new account on that location.

Also I read that the original API will retire by the end of 2023 and original API's will be available from New Year only for VIP Users.
www.opensubtitles.com
ai.opensubtitles.com

Best, Jmblr
-- With both feet on the ground you can't make any step forward...
tparadox

Re: OpenSubtitles

Post by tparadox »

I read it in my email right now.
Dear Tparadox,

Exciting news! OpenSubtitles.org is undergoing a transformation, retiring the original API by the end of 2023. Fear not, as this paves the way for the advanced OpenSubtitles.com REST API. We also understand, in some scenarios there is no way to use new API yet, so original API will be available from New Year only for VIP Users.
There's an older thread where users asked for the new API and the dev response was that they'll only bother to change it when it makes a difference for the users. Well, on January 1, it will make a difference.

Automated subtitle downloads are the main thing I use Filebot for so I hope this gets some action.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
deeefour

Post by deeefour »

Is there a plan for opensubtitles.com support?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I refer to you the link above:
rednoah wrote: 14 Nov 2023, 05:42 FileBot r10150 and higher implement the OpenSubtitles REST API support (disabled by default) and is available for testing:

Shell: Select all

filebot -script fn:properties --def net.filebot.WebServices.OpenSubtitles.v2=true
:arrow: :arrow: OpenSubtitles REST API
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.