Invalid usage: input folder [...] must not start with output folder [...]

Support for Windows users
Synk556

Invalid usage: input folder [...] must not start with output folder [...]

Post by Synk556 »

Here's my command line:

Shell: Select all

filebot -script fn:amc --output "D:\Downloads" --action duplicate --conflict skip -non-strict --log-file amc.log --def excludeList=amc.excludes unsorted=y music=y artwork=y "ut_dir=%F" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_title=%N" "ut_label=%L"
In the past, before I (just today) updated to the newest version of FB, this resulted In filebot outputting my finished file into D:\Downloads\TV Shows\xxxxx (xxxx is the show name) folder. It's worked fine for years. Suddenly, FB is throwing this error:

Code: Select all

Run script [fn:amc] at [Sat Feb 03 20:41:55 PST 2024]

[PSA] Important Discussion of Changes effective as of 28 Apr 2023:
https://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13406

Parameter: excludeList = amc.excludes
Parameter: unsorted = y
Parameter: music = y
Parameter: artwork = y
Parameter: ut_dir = D:\Downloads\Gold.Rush.S14E15.1080p.HEVC.x265-MeGusta
Parameter: ut_kind = multi
Parameter: ut_title = Gold.Rush.S14E15.1080p.HEVC.x265-MeGusta
Parameter: ut_label = 
Invalid usage: input folder [D:\Downloads\Gold.Rush.S14E15.1080p.HEVC.x265-MeGusta] must not start with output folder [D:\Downloads]
Use excludes: D:\Downloads\amc.excludes (477)
No files selected for processing
Done ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
So it no longer processes as it used to. When I changed the commandline to "D:\Downloads\Tv Shows\", it now created D:\Downloads\Tv Shows\Tv Shows\xxxx\ and worked fine. I mean, I COULD live with this (since plex picks up the show fine), but the double-nesting kind of sets off my ocd, heh. Plus extra clicks to get in there and delete when it's time. How can I get back to the original, not-nested version?

Thank you.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Filebot suddenly says output folder must not start with input folder?

Post by rednoah »

Clearly separating input / output folders is always a good idea, because someone is going (i.e. not you; but someone did; hence the warning; ignored by many; hence the abort) to shoot themselves in the foot:

Invalid usage: input folder [D:\Downloads\Gold.Rush.S14E15.1080p.HEVC.x265-MeGusta] must not start with output folder [D:\Downloads]
:?: Are you doing something like this? Definitely in the Chaotic Neutral side of things, would bother my OCD at the very least...

D:\Downloads\Avatar.1080p.HEVC.x265\...
D:\Downloads\Gold.Rush.S14E15.1080p.HEVC.x265\...
D:\Downloads\Movies\...
D:\Downloads\TV Shows\...
D:\Downloads\xXx.1080p.HEVC.x265\...
:idea: The amc script has notably never worked differently, as memory serves. The top-level TV Shows / Movies category folders (inside your specified --output folder) are the result of {plex} being used as format by default for each content type, Movie / TV Series / Anime / Unsorted / etc. If you know in advance that you only ever process TV Shows then you can (and should) optimize the amc script for that use case. The default assumption is that you may throw any kind of content (e.g. movies, episodes, etc) at it, and so the default behaviours organize things into top-level TV Shows / Movies category folders.

You'll want to organize your files like so:

Input Folder where qBT is actively downloading your files:

D:/Downloads
Output Folder where files are moved to, neatly organized to be read by Plex and friends:

D:/Media
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Synk556

Re: Invalid usage: input folder [...] must not start with output folder [...]

Post by Synk556 »

Well I guess I'll do that. And yes, I was doing the chaotic neutral thing. But something definitely changed because it worked fine for years until I updated FB. Ah well. Easy enough to implement your suggestion.