[XATTR NOT FOUND] duplicates script

Support for Windows users
Movieaholic

[XATTR NOT FOUND] duplicates script

Post by Movieaholic »

I keep getting this error with quite a few files when i run filebot -script fn:duplicates /path/to/files --action delete ithink it started happening after i updated recently i moved all the files to a different folder and ran them through filebot again to hopefully attach the xattr metadata but a few files just never get assigned the data and new files pop up all the time that the data doesnt get attached to? is there something that i need to be adding to my script to make sure this doesnt happen?
rednoah
The Source

Re: [XATTR NOT FOUND]

Post by rednoah »

rednoah wrote: 14 Sep 2016, 05:33 In --mode logical, this script will not parse or guess any information from the filename. Files that do not have xattr metadata will be ignored. Please read the addendum for details.
[XATTR NOT FOUND] means that the file at hand has no xattr metadata and so the duplicates script does not know which movie / episode this file refers to, and so this file is treated as if it wasn't there, i.e. doesn't count towards duplicates of any movie / episode entry.

:idea: xattr metadata is stored when the file is named by FileBot so [XATTR NOT FOUND] suggests that the file has never been processed with FileBot and matched to a movie / episode, or that xattr metadata was lost at some point due to file system limitations.

:?: How do you store your files? Does the target file system support xattr metadata?

:arrow: You may configure FileBot to store xattr metadata to .xattr folders as plain/text files for improved cross-platform compatibility. Please read the xattr metadata manual for details.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Movieaholic

Re: [XATTR NOT FOUND] duplicates script

Post by Movieaholic »

The Filesystem Has many files with the xattr Metadata attached I think it has something to do with the files being read-only before processing?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Movieaholic wrote: 08 Feb 2024, 06:52 The Filesystem Has many files with the xattr Metadata attached I think it has something to do with the files being read-only before processing?
:?: What does the console output / debug log say? If writing xattr metadata fails then you will get error messages in the console output / debug log. If the read-only attribute is a problem, then the console output / debug log will probably say something to that account.

:?: Windows 11? Local NTFS drive? External exFAT drive? Remote SMB share? NAS server? Moving files around? The filebot -script fn:sysinfo output may be useful for context. Please read How to Request Help.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Movieaholic

Post by Movieaholic »

I cant quite remember exactly what the error message said i think it was just unable to write xattr. Ive manually renamed the files and have been waiting for it to happen again so i can match the file to the log but it doesn't seem to be happening anymore so ill see what happens. Ive had issues with my main system so don't have much of a log to look back on.