Fetching Primary Artwork with `fn:artwork.tmdb` Script?

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
Wirly

Fetching Primary Artwork with `fn:artwork.tmdb` Script?

Post by Wirly »

Hello,

I'm trying to use the fn:tmdb script to get artwork, but I'm curious if there's an option to get the primary artwork of a match.

For example, if I get artwork for the movie Pokémon: Giratina and the Sky Warrior (2008) I'd expect it to get the primary poster/fanart that is displayed on the movie page, instead it gets the 2nd poster from this list (The weird looking one that resembles a pokemon card).

https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/47292/images/posters

I've noticed that none of my posters/fanart of any movies are the primary ones, it almost seems random.

Is there a flag\approach for the script that can provide a solution?

Code: Select all

filebot -script "fn:artwork.tmdb" "B:\Movies\Pokémon - Giratina and the Sky Warrior (2008)"
P.S
I've been keeping a media library for over a decade now, using FileBot most of that time for my renaming. I've never been able to setup Kodi to scrape for clear-art/logos properly, so up until now I've just been seeing whatever Poster/Fanart it managed to scrape. This script has made it super simple to add all missing artwork to my htpc, wish I'd noticed it long ago!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Fetching Primary Artwork with `fn:artwork.tmdb` Script?

Post by rednoah »

:idea: FileBot will typically fetch the artwork with the highest rating / highest resolution / etc that matches your language preferences for each type poster / fanart / clearart / logo / etc.

Wirly wrote: 20 Feb 2024, 09:55 I've noticed that none of my posters/fanart of any movies are the primary ones, it almost seems random.
:?: What does the console output say when an undesirable poster is selected?

:arrow: The --apply cover post-processing feature might do what you want:

Shell: Select all

filebot -find /input --apply cover
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.