Not pulling Names and Epissodes

Support for Windows users
Thoth

Not pulling Names and Epissodes

Post by Thoth »

I have recently been having problems with the app not pulling show data from TheTVDB. I have only noticed it with anime. So my theory is that it is not pulling the english names from shows that were originally in japanese, because I can still pull the data in Japanese. So I think this problem is having to do with either the data the website is making available, or the app looking at the original language to pull the data from and ignoring any other language.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Not pulling Names and Epissodes

Post by rednoah »

Likely duplicate of this:
GrimmReaperNL wrote: 01 Apr 2024, 22:25 When trying to rename the following shows using TheTVDB Filebot asks to identify the files: It is able to find the shows using TheMovieDB and AniDB, But I use TheTVDB for everything in plex.

:idea: The TheTVDB API is broken and incorrectly returns no episode listing in some cases:
rednoah wrote: 01 Apr 2024, 23:03 Looks like the TheTVDB API does not work correctly. FileBot has no way of getting the episode listing if the API does not respond correctly. There's nothing you can do.

:idea: I've created a bug report upstream:
https://github.com/thetvdb/v4-api/issues/324

:arrow: I recommend switching to TheMovieDB/TV in the meanwhile.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Thoth

Post by Thoth »

the probelem with that is with massive series such as Kamen Rider, Ultraman, and Detective Conan. TheMovieDB's sorting scheme for them as one insanely long season so I would have to rename massive amounts of files multiple times. So I guess I will just have to do stuff manually until the API for TheTVDB is fixed.
Hercules40

Post by Hercules40 »

Is this a permanent problem that can not be fixed?

The problem with switching to AniDB for example, is that AniDB doesn't list season 1 correctly (if there is only been one season of an anime) and you end-up with something like:

<directory>:\Anime\Name of Anime\Name of Anime - 10 - episode title

When, what I really want is:

<directory>:\Anime\Name of Anime\Season 1\Name of Anime - 1x10 - episode title (or S01E10)

See attached pic for one anime who doesn't come up even when I put the TVDB ID in the search.

Screenshot
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Hercules40 wrote: 03 Apr 2024, 19:31 Is this a permanent problem that can not be fixed?
It's temporary problem that is caused by TheTVDB API starting to not work where it previously worked. I would expect the problem to go away by itself when TheTVDB engineers fix the issue.

Hercules40 wrote: 03 Apr 2024, 19:31 The problem with switching to AniDB for example, is that AniDB doesn't list season 1 correctly (if there is only been one season of an anime) and you end-up with something like:
You'll want to switch to TheMovieDB/TV. It's the standard nowadays, and the API is generally more stable and reliable.

Hercules40 wrote: 03 Apr 2024, 19:31 When, what I really want is:

<directory>:\Anime\Name of Anime\Season 1\Name of Anime - 1x10 - episode title (or S01E10)

See attached pic for one anime who doesn't come up even when I put the TVDB ID in the search.
TheMovieDB/TV does what you want:

Console Output: Select all

$ filebot -rename *.mkv --db TheMovieDB::TV --log INFO --action TEST
[TEST] from [Meiji Gekken 1874 - 10.mkv] to [Meiji Gekken 1874 - 1x10 - The River Never Stops, nor Carries the Same Water Twice.mkv]
** using command-line example for copy & paste convenience
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
the1337moderate

Post by the1337moderate »

I understand there ain't nothing can be done about this particular issue as it's outside of Filebot, However, as a forewarning, if you switch the datasource from TheTVDB to TheMovieDB::TV, be warned that not all shows are recognize/named the same on the results.

Ex.
Chiikawa: TheTVDB -> Something small and cute | TheMovieDB::TV -> Chiikawa
Detective Conan: TheTVDB -> Detective Conan | TheMovieDB::TV -> Case Closed

Be sure to check the preview before sending it.

Side note: would be nice to have the ability to duplicate a Preset so I only have to change the Datasource rather than create a new one from scratch just to have a different one with all the same settings and a different datasource