License not working on second machine after activation on first

Any questions? Need some help?
zakk

License not working on second machine after activation on first

Post by zakk »

Hi there,

I bought a one year Filebot license and activated it on my MacBook using the info from the email. This worked fine, no issues.

I tried to get Filebot working on my 2nd machine, which is the server running Ubuntu. Using the same license didn't work - it instead threw an error saying essentially "bad license", and that I must purchase one. This error messages came from attempting to run a renaming script using Filebot CLI, in case that's relevant.

At the bottom of https://www.filebot.net/#download, it says:
A single per-user license is valid on all platforms and can be used on multiple machines.
How do I get my license to work on a second machine? I can't find any specific guidance on it.

Thanks in advance for any help!
rednoah
The Source

Re: License not working on second machine after activation on first

Post by rednoah »

:?: What does the error message say when it doesn't work? (please copy & paste the error message verbatim, or use screenshots, so that we can see what you can see)

:idea: Bad License generally means that the text content you have pasted is not a License Key. The error message would provide additional details of what is expected or not working as expected.

:idea: In general, license activation works the same on your second / third / fourth / fifth / etc machine as it does on your first machine. There is no difference. You therefore will not find any guidance on any differences. How do I activate my license? has details on all the different ways of activating your license, GUI, as file, as text, via command-line, etc.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
zakk

Re: License not working on second machine after activation on first

Post by zakk »

Sorry for the lack of screenshot and exact text!

I'll see if I was making some silly mistake, activating it incorrectly somehow, and post back if I'm having issues (with screenshots) :)

Thanks a lot for the quick reply!