Price for windows?

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
mylan

Price for windows?

Post by mylan »

Hi!

I read the pricing structure here: viewtopic.php?t=6265

It says 303$ for Microsoft Store, but when I click on the link (https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/9nblg ... n-us&gl=US) it shows 59.99$. Is there still a way to get the windows version for 30$?

Thanks!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Price for windows?

Post by rednoah »

:idea: The price after taxes and fees is indeed ≈ 60 USD if you choose to use the Microsoft Store:
rednoah wrote: 02 Oct 2018, 06:43 $30* (30 / 0.7 + 20 ≈ 60) on the Microsoft Store for Windows 10 only (not including Windows 7 / Windows Server / Windows Enterprise / etc)
rednoah wrote: 02 Oct 2018, 06:43 Microsoft Store and Mac App Store purchases are always life-time purchases, and because these purchases are limited to one platform, the price is set to half of the universal life-time license. (NOTE: $30 plus 30% to account for the Mac App Store / Microsoft Store fee; additional $20 surcharge for disadvantageous exchange rates and additional development efforts required to pass app review)

:idea: I would strongly recommend the $6 per year direct purchase (NOTE: better for everyone; except Microsoft) as to avoid the Microsoft Store tax:
rednoah wrote: 02 Oct 2018, 06:43 The $6 per year option is generally recommended for everyone regardless of platform and use case.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
mylan

Re: Price for windows?

Post by mylan »

Ah ok I see, thanks for the quick reply :)