Server setup without torrent client

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
badgerbailey

Server setup without torrent client

Post by badgerbailey »

Hello,

I currently use a system where I have all of my files come into my seedbox, these are pushed to my home file server via lftp (ubuntu 12.04 headless) and I would like to use filebot to sort the movies from the TV shows and move them to there respective folders and rename them so xbmc can understand them, is this something that can be easily achieved and if so could you point me in the direction of an easy to understand guide,

Thanks in advance,

Badgerbailey
rednoah
The Source

Re: Server setup without torrent client

Post by rednoah »

:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
badgerbailey

Post by badgerbailey »

Sorry, i'm still a little bit in the dark, this guide uses mostly torrent clients, i will be just using a directory that is filling up without any torrent client, and only using command line as it is a headless server using ubuntu server edition. I have managed to install filebot but just unsure how to create a script that will regularly check a certain directory, rename the content then move it to either movies or tv shows with the correct name, xbmc automatically checks each of these directories every 4 hours so it will see new files that have been added. any other ubuntu command line specific guides out there?

Thanks in advance
bonelifer
Power User

Post by bonelifer »

You could use a combination of a bash script running as root via cron. Right now I have a cron running to move transcoded files that are marked as suspect by my transcoder to a separate folder. The cron runs every five minutes and I no longer have to scroll through all the other non-transcoded files in that directory. You are however on your own writing one, but a quick search found this: http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-unix ... ory-empty/

It basically checks whether a directory is EMPTY. if it's not empty it runs the first echo(where you'd place your filebot command), else it just prints out that the directory is empty:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash
FILE=""
DIR="/tmp"
# init
# look for empty dir 
if [ "$(ls -A $DIR)" ]; then
     echo "Take action $DIR is not Empty"
else
    echo "$DIR is Empty"
fi
# rest of the logic
Change the DIR from "/tmp" to your directory with the files. Then exchange first echo for your filebot command. Set it up to run via cron.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

It really just boils down to the "Standalone Usage":

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:amc "/path/to/input/" --output "X:/path/to/output" --action copy -non-strict
On Linux people will recommend using cron to setup scheduled tasks. But you first wanna try from cmdline manually to make sure it works how u want.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.